Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Bat Poop!

Hi stamping friends!  How's your week going so far???  I've been very busy at work as our manager left and so we are all hustling to get the work done until they hire a replacement -  I'm so glad to get home, relax and stamp!

This month our Claire is sponsoring Jen Del Muro's October  Sketch for You to Try  so I just had to join in! and of course I had to use Waltzingmouse Stamps!  Check it out - it's a really fun sketch!

In case you cannot read the poem - it says " I hear that you've been playing tricks, so listen, here's the scoop -  I'm running short on candy treats, and this year it's Bat Poop!

This poem is free at the Waltzingmouse Store so go grab yourself one and get cracking on your Halloween treats and cards!

The bat stamp is from the Cicely at Halloween set and my papers are from a fun Ghosts & Goblins Mat Stack by Die Cuts With a View (DCWV) that I picked up at Joann's the other day.  I used three different papers from the stack on my card.

I printed the poem on card stock, cut it out and stamped the bat on the bottom.  Then I sponged the edges with both Dried Marigold and Mustard Seed Ranger Distress Inks.  I layered the image to a slightly larger black panel and adhered it to the card with foam tape.  Then I just added some rhinestones for some sparkle!

Thanks for stopping by today -  and just so you know - Claire has decided to do a release this month of some wonderful Christmas/Winter stamp sets - the DT will be starting our previews on October 12th and the release will be October 15th so I hope you will come by.

AND -  something very special is happening for three days in blog land Oct 10th - 12th.  I'll be participating on the 10th so please stop by then too!!

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - free digital poem, bat from Cicely at Halloween set.
Paper:  True Black, Orange Zest, White - PTI, DP Ghosts & Goblins Matstack - DCWV
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Dried Marigold & Mustard Seed
Accessories:  Rhinestones - Kaiser, Foam Tape

6 comments:

Annette Allen said...

That is so funny bat poop...great card..

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Julia, thanks for your visit and your lovely comments. Your card is fantastic and love the poem just so much fun, great colours and just so so lovely.

Marie

Velta said...

Oh Julia, what a "hoot!" Great papers too!

Betty Wright said...

Too cute and fabulous, Julia! Love the colors and frame sponging!

Becky Carafa said...

This is so funny, glad you could play along!

Mahmood Ali said...

Such a fabulous location i really like it such a natural beauty...
Plastic card printing
Plastic card