Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ahoy Matey - A Witch and a Pirate Ship!

I have two cards to share with you today -  both made for Split Coast Stampers Challenges, and both made with Waltzingmouse Stamps.

First up is a Halloween card I made for this week's featured stamper - I cased this fun 'boo' card of DaisyFreak's.  The stamps are from one of Claire's newly released sets -  Cicely at Halloween.

I colored Cicely to coordinate with the fun dots patterned paper behind her and I got to use my fun Martha Stewart Halloween fence punch that I bought last year dirt cheap at the end of the season!  There are little bats on the centers of the longer posts that you can't see to well on this pic.  I added a little bling to the front of her ankles, hat buckle and wand tip!

My second card was made for the Inspiration Challenge which was the web site Modern Lola.  I was inspired by this fun pirate ship.
And here's the card I created.  I used a Disney Pirate Ship die from Provo Craft.  Die cutting it once in blue and once in white.  Then I cut the white sail section (they're all connected) off the white die cut, colored black stripes on the sails and colored the poles  brown and adhered them over the blue die cut with foam tape.

The sentiment and star are from Half Pint Heroes. (A great kids card stamp set!)

That's it from me today!   Thanks so much for stopping by!

Cicely Card:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Cicely at Halloween
Paper: White, black, Orange Zest - PTI, DP DCWV Fall Stack 2
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Cantaloupe
Accessories: Fence Punch - Martha Stewart, Copics: W6, W2, N6, O, E44, YR07, Y13, C1, EOO, RV11, YG63, YG95, Y38, Y13, E37, R20, RV11, glue pen, Tiny Twinkles - Taylored Expressions

Pirate Card:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Half Pint Heroes
Paper: White, true black, Blueberry Sky - PTI, DP Backyard by American Crafts & Map Paper by Imaginations
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Antique Linen
Accessories: foam tape, Disney Pirate Ship Die - Provo Craft, Modern Label Punch - SU, Circles & big scallop circle Nestabilities, rhinestones - Kaiser, Copics - E35, 100

12 comments:

anya said...

Wow, Julia! I love your beautifully colored Cecily image with that fantastic punched border! And that pirate ship card is awesome! Super job!

Deborah Frings said...

Julia - these are both great. I do like the Halloween card - Cecily looks super and I do like the garden fence! As for the pirate card - brilliant!

Pauline said...

Two fabulous cards Julia, Cicely looks wonderful your colouring is amazing, and I love the Disney Pirate ship, such a cool card for a boy.

Anne Harada said...

OK, I ran out and bought that awesome pirate ship die you used!! It's fantastic fun! First thing I"m gonna do is case your card, I just fell in love with it!! Great job my friend!!

Michelle said...

These cards are great! Love the little touches of bling on the witch. The pirate ship is just awesome.

Clare said...

Two super cards, great coloring on Cecily and that is one cool pirate ship!

velta said...

Oh Julia!! I love that witch image and the fence, well I have got to have that punch! Perfect for Halloween! The second card is a sight for sore eyes matey! Too cute girl...Thanks for your inspiration...I am on my way to Michael's to see if I can get that punch!! You sure know how to spend my money!!!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

These are great, Julia! I love that pirate ship and the neat fence aruond Cecily is the perfect touch!

Betty Wright said...

both are fabulous, Julia! But you totally had me at the pirate ship! My dh is an ECU Pirates GRAD! It is so bad we have ECU purple felt top pool table! The whole room is pirates inspired! Awesome card!

Joan Ervin said...

What awesome cards, Julia!!!! Your coloring on that adorable witch is beautiful and the pirate ship card is sooo cool!!!!! I have been in a Halloween mood lately, too...thanks for the inspiration!!!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Spectacular, Julia! Both of these cards are gorgeous. Your pirate ship is a work of art with fabulous details and dimension. I also adore your Halloween card -- such fabulous coloring!

Joy said...

Julia, I am an avid follower of your blog and am so tickled you cased one of my cards!