Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Birthday by the Sea!


My good blogging buddy Anne, hosted Saturday's Inspiration challenge over on Split Coast this week.  She had us looking at the Outer Banks Trading Group web store.  I recently purchased a wonderful Gina K Designs stamp set called Gifts from the Sea (check out the terrific sentiments in this set!) - and I was inspired by this beach tote to use my new stamps!
 Sand dollars are such a wonder to me.

I made my little bag from a PTI die, stamped the sea gulls and sand images on the front and sponged the edges all around.

I white embossed the sand dollar on Creamy Caramel cardstock and adhered it to the bag with foam tape. I stamped the happy birthday, cut it with an oval punch and adhered that with foam tape. Then I just added a twine bow and some basket shred.

I just love little treat containers,  the perfect little box to place a gift for a friend or loved one!

Stamps: Gina K Designs - Gifts from the Sea
Paper: creamy caramel - SU, Rustic Cream - PTI
Ink: Versamark, Ranger Distress - Brushed corduroy, Antique Linen
Accessories: white embossing powder - SU, hot gun, foam tape, small oval punch - SU, twine & Favor It Box 2- PTI, basket shred -Michaels

16 comments:

Peggy said...

Such a pretty little treat container! You know me, I love anything that has to do with the beach!

Esther Asbury said...

Oooo! I live near the sea so this caught my eye right off! I'm always looking for "new" ideas for guests gifts that portray something of where I Live. So very, very cute!

Jodi Collins said...

OOOH! This is lovely Julia!! That looks like a great stamp set!!

Anonymous said...

What a darling basket!! Love your design and colors here!! Smiles, Vicki

Joanne Travis said...

Awesome tote, Julia! I have been looking at a color like that for our guest room to go with all of the white wood. It really has a natural, seashore kind of feel to it. Beautiful work, as always!

Francie G. said...

Love this, Julia! Wonderful colors and image!

Mary Marsh said...

loved this tote whne I saw it in the scs gallery julia-you always do such a great job with these little gift ideas

Crystal said...

FABULOUS project!

Wanda Cullen said...

You always rock the gift ideas and this is a real monochromatic beauty! LOVE the green with the sand dollar accent!

Bev J. said...

Almost looks like it could be metal-great little treat holder.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love the sea feeling to this one!

Betty Wright said...

This is so fabulous in design ad color! Love the monochromatic look! I think I need to get this treat container! Lovely work, Julia!

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty Julia! Love that little tote featuring the distressed sand dollar! I think I can hear the waves crashing and smell the sea :)

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Beautiful treat tote, Julia! I love the soft, soothing colors....so perfect for a sea shore theme!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Lovely treat holder.

Joan Ervin said...

This is the cutest little basket/tote, Julia...I love the sand dollar stamp you used and the green is sooo pretty!!!