Saturday, February 19, 2011

WMS Saturday Sketch - It's Time

Happy Saturday dear friends! Do you have Monday off for President's Day? I do and while I hope to spend some time with DH (!) - I also plan to get some extra stamping in for the WMS sneak peeks starting on Saturday 2/26!! Wait till you see what Claire has created for the March 1st release!

But for today - we have this fun star sketch to challenge us!

I went pretty literal with the sketch (as I usually do!) and made my card a star shape using my Nestabilities.

I used the cute little rocket guy from Half Pint Heroes and the perfect sentiment to go with him from Free Spirit Sentiments. I colored the rocket with Copics and sponged the sentiment with Mustard Seed Distress Ink by Ranger. Then I just added a little ZVA bling. This would make a fun graduation card don't you think?
Now go check out the WMS Sketch Blog and get inspired by the cards the Mischief Makers and other DT members have created using this week's sketch.

Then make your own card using the sketch and link it on the Sketch Blog by Thursday 2/24/11 at 11:59 pm EST - you could be chosen Top Mouse !!

Winners are announced each Saturday along with the new sketch challenge. And now every week one lucky entry will win a free WMS stamp set of choice!! whoo hoo!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Half Pint Heroes, Free Spirit Sentiments
Paper: Gold - Canford Card, white - PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress - Mustard Seed
Accessories: Star & Circle Nestabilities, Copics: Y13, Y38, Bo9, B37, E00, E35, R20, C1, Ro8, Gold Pen - Spica, ZVA creative adhesive pearls.

19 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Wonderful!! Love the little guy in his rocket, and the sentiment is a perfect match!!

Cheryl said...

Cute, cute and cute! Love the star shape-that's one I don't have,,,YET!!
I saw your prize winning card (for World Card Making Day)in Papercrafts magazine the other day!
It is a beauty and big congrats, friend!!
Cheryl

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fun with the star shaped card and the cute image!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I LOVE this cute card!! I LOVE what you did with the sketch!! Saving this to case later, my friend. Enjoy the long weekend. Jay is finishing up his Winter Track meets this weekend..see you and Kent soon!

Bonnie Weiss said...

Your card is so unique with the star shape. I noticed that you cut out a lot of your images and kudos to you for that ... I am NOT good with scissors and avoid cutting images out, at all costs!

Bonnie said...

Super sweet Julia!! My favorite set!

Pauline said...

Fabulous card featuring the little rocket man! And the sentiment is so perfect too!

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card Julia! Love the lil' rocketship and the star shaped card!

Peggy said...

Darling card! Love your take on the sketch!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Julia!
Wonderful take on the sketch - I love your card! Thanks for sharing about your brownie treats for Valentines Day - I think you are very smart (and that brownies are very romantic!).

Hugs!!

Cathy Fongjoyo said...

Wooowww!!!
This is superb!!
Love the little boy,rocket,and perfect sentiment goes with it.plus I'm amazed with the colouring!!!

Thanks for sharing this card and dropping by my blog :)

Alice said...

this is so cute, Julia! awesome take on the sketch. love it!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is adorable, Julia! I love the star-shaped card and your coloring of the wee man in his ship is spot on! Great take on the sketch!

velta said...

Yes Julia ~ This would make a perfect graduation card...I love the colors and you have stepped out of your realm with this precious card...your a woman of many talents...Love it!

Clare said...

I love this card, so adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Julia!! This is really sweet hun!! The star looks brilliant!! HUGS

Monique said...

Julia this is so much fun... I love it :)

Mary Marsh said...

love this creative card julia-it's a perfect celebration card-I always enjoy seeing your creations for the wms challenges

Sharon said...

Cute with a capital C! Lovely work, Julia. :D