Thursday, September 9, 2010

WMS Sneak Peek Day #1 - Give Thanks

Today begins the Waltzingmouse Design Team's Sneak peeks of five wonderful new stamp sets Claire is releasing on Sunday 9/12/10.

I have not been able to stop creating with the set I used today called Teeny Trees - I have enough projects already made from just this set to post for 7 days! (but don't worry - I won't - not all in a row anyway!! LOL!)

This set is SO versatile - it includes 13 sentiments for that many occasions and 7 styles of trees (not to mention little leaves, flowers and birds! Oh my!)

Today I made a fall theme card using one of the tree trunk stamps and one of the round 'leaves' stamps as well as one of the little leaf/petal stamps! I stamped the leaves twice - cut them out and layered them over the initial stamping for some dimension. Then I did a lot of sponging. This textured Coredinations paper is to die for. It's like embossing without having to! LOL!

So off you go to check out Claire and the rest of the DT linked below - let's see what new sets they are working with today! You're going to love what you see - I guarantee it!!!
Claire
Lisa
Julia (me!)
Mona
Carly
Jennifer
Bonnie
Lynn
Anya
Belinda
Laurie

Hope to see you back here tomorrow for more Waltzingmouse sneak peeks!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Teeny Trees (to be released 9/12/10)
Paper: Vintage cream, dark chocolate - PTI, Bazzill tan dots, Coredinations - Oxford
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Ranger Distress - Rusty Hinge
Accessories: Sponge & applicator Inkssentials Ranger, foam dimensionals, rectangle nestabilities, modern label punch - SU, Vintage Buttons & silk ribbon - PTI, glue dots.

23 comments:

Alice said...

so pretty! love the colors!

Lavender Rose said...

Great card using one of the new WM stamps, love the hot spicy colours

Jo Nevill said...

Absolutely gorgeous, just love how you have used this stamp set and can't wait until Sunday !

Hugs,

Jo xxx

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Julia,

Oh, I'll surely be back tomorrow, 'cause I totally love this card!! It's amazing!! I think this new stamp set will be totally up my alley, I love the stamps you've used here! The colors are amazing, very wonderful!

Hugs,
Wendy

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful card Julia....looks like it will be hard to choose just one set again this time around!

Kelly S. said...

ACK, Julia! This card is amazing! I visited Lisa's blog and now yours...and 2 WEE blog posts in and I am SOLD on this tree set...it's so gorgeous! What a lovely lovely card in those colors!!!!

Bonnie said...

Love your gorgeous colours Julia and the way you popped up the tree! FAbulous!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wonderful Julia...love these rich colors. Outstanding job on this project using this wonderful set!

Carly said...

Julia this is just fabulous!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Unknown said...

Oh Wow Julia, what a fabulous card! The colours are superb together, your card glows!!! Gorgeous!!! Thank you!
OOh and I LOVE that you used leaves for grass! Genius!

Helen Berry said...

Julia, this is a fantastic card - I'm in love with the colour combo too - I'd really like to try it. The little tree and grass - it's all fabulous x x

LaurieJ said...

Beautiful card, Julia. I love how you created a border with the little leaf stamp. I think this set is a must have!

Mona Pendleton said...

Stunning card Julia! I love how you popped the tree for dimension & that orangy/rust background is fabulous!

Sandie said...

Wonderful colours!! Love how you've used the stamps. Gorgeous!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I'm anxious to see what else you've made! this card is so lovely in Fall colors!!

Crystal said...

WOW Totally FABULOUS fall creation Julia!

Curt in Indy said...

Simply stunning, Julia! I love this and the colors you used for this card are so rich and gorgeous. You have made me really excited to see this set! Best, Curt

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your choice of warm, fall colors! I'm off to check out the other team member's creations...love tree images!

Ren-Yi said...

lovely bold radiant colors. perfect for fall indeed. i already see what you mean with versatility. ::don't fall in love with this set, don't fall in love with this set...:: darn, too late ;)

oh, one can't have enough trees, right? ;)

Mary Marsh said...

this is gor-juss gf-love the fall colors and the awesome tree stamp-cant wait to see your other creations

anya said...

Beautiful, rich colors, Julia! Perfect fall card!

B said...

Stunning rich colors!