Monday, September 21, 2009

An Apron for a Friend

Stef showed us the Lama Designs web site for the inspiration challenge on Split Coast. I was inspired by this pretty apron.
I've been wanting to use this apron stamp by Lockhart stamps - it lends itself so well to being paper pieced. I used Cosmo Cricket DP's - Early Bird on the apron and Girl Friday for the towel. I left the ends of the twill loose to suggest apron strings. The sentiment is from Waltzingmouse Stamps Earth Angel set

This also qualifies for the Moxie Fab World's around the house challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!

Stamps: Apron: Lockhart Stamps, Sentiment: Earth Angel/Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper: VIntage cream, Pure Poppy: PTI, DP Cosmo Cricket/Early Bird (Apron), Girl Friday (towel)
Ink: onyx black Versafine
Accessories: basic grey glazed brad, pure poppy twill: PTI, Oval punch: SU, Lacey punch: Martha Stewart, foam dimensionals

13 comments:

~amy~ said...

cute, cute, cute...I 'need' that apron stamp!!

AJ said...

Gorgeous.

Janelle said...

So cute, Julia. I think I need that apron stamp, too -- however, I have the other apron by Lockhart and haven't used it yet, so perhaps that should do that first. Great paper choices, great card!

Pat (mspfd) said...

I love this apron stamp! Super fabulous card, Julia!

Winter said...

Very cute! I love those papers! :)

Bev J. said...

I thought the aprons were cute on that side. Your card is really great for the challenge. Love the pp. tfs

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo cute, Julia....I love your little apron and the great colors you used!!!!

Savitri said...

Oh wow, just GORGEOUS!!! Love the colors and design!!!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Julia! Thanks for entering the challenge! :)

Anonymous said...

How cute!! What a darling take on the challenge!! :)

dpkennedy said...

This is so pretty! I love the papers...especially the one you used on that adorable apron!

Anne Harada said...

What a great card this apron made!! Or does the card make a great apron?? :)

Love the choice of DP, and it totally looks like you could tie the card around your waste like an apron and use it in the kitchen!! LOL!! Love ya hon!!

Lauri said...

What a gorgeous stamp! I love the paper you chose as well!