Wednesday, September 20, 2017

But First: Coffee!

Here's my third card for the Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!  You'll find all the details here.  TONS of prizes to be won if you link up your cards!
The rules?
When: Friday, September 15 – Friday, September 22 
THEME: FALL
USE: coffee, tea, or cocoa images
Here's my fall card:
I water colored tissue paper by laying it in 3 Distress inks I had rubbed on my craft mat and spritzed with water. After the tissue paper had dried I glued it to a panel of white card and let that dry.  Then I rubbed Versamark over the creases on the tissue and gold embossed the panel (brushing off any gold powder that got in the spaces)  - Loll Thompson has a wonderful YouTube video on this technique here.  I die cut the dotted frame and white embossed the sentiment and cup on a strip of black card.

I chose my colors from this week's Just Us Girls challenge
I used Ranger Distress Inks in Mustard Seed, Seedless Preserves and Carved Pumpkin.
 
Now it's time to check out all of the other fall coffee/tea cards linked up at the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog!
Stamps:  Coffee Set - Ali Express.com
Paper:  White, True Black, white tissue paper
Ink:  Ranger Distress Mustard Seed, Seedless Preserves, Carved Pumpkin, Versamark.
Accessories:  Gold Embossing Powder, heat tool, Mix and Mat Flourishes Die - PTI, foam dots.



20 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wonderful layering of colors, Julia! I love how the gold embossing adds elegance and the dot border in intriguing. A super fall card!

New Creations said...

Love the wrinkled tissue with gold textures, so elegant and pretty!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Julia! What an elegant card! Love the golden detail!

Karen Letchworth said...

What an amazing background, Julia. SO colorful and fun.
Karen

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wow! Excellent background - but I would have definitely needed the coffee before making that one!
Hugs!

~amy~ said...

This is gorgeous Julia!

Bobby said...

I love that technique and adding the gold embossing makes the background look so rich, Julia. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Hetty said...

Wow what a great creation!

Becca Yahrling said...

That BG is just divine!! Gorgeous card.

Esther Asbury said...

What a fun way to make your gorgeous background! Lovely card!

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous card mf...love your results!!
xx Karen

nancy littrell said...

I love your watercolored tissue paper plus gold heat eb background, Julia. Your dotted die cut frame is perfect with your black layered fun coffee sentiment. TFS my friend. Hugs...

Susan said...

All your lovely autumn-coloured cards are getting me in the mood for autumn! (Though I hate to see the end of summer). Wonderful use of the heat embossed tissue paper technique!

Maria said...

What a fabulous background! Love your use of the colors it looks amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

Lori Turner said...

Very pretty card - love the colors!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very pretty. I love the gold you added to the creased areas.

Fikreta said...

its so very nice!

Lisa said...

OH wow! Very cool background... I'm gonna have to try that! Awesome card!

Shanna Slater said...

your mixed media background is gorgeous!! Great job

Thanks for sharing!
~Shanna
www.caffeinatedcraftiness.wordpress.com

Words and Pictures said...

What a stunning background - great texture technique.
Alison x