Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Eileen Hull Inspiration Team - Stampotique Collaboration 3rd Post

This month Eileen Hull's Sizzix Inspiration Team is joining with Stampotique!   We were happily supplied with 6 Stampotique stamps of our choice - so you will see lots of variety over on Eileen's blog every Tuesday in June!

Today is my third post this month for the collaboration -  and I'm excited to share with you the project I made!
(if you missed them - you can see my first project here and my 2nd project here)
I love to store my craft supplies in artistic containers - it brightens up my work space and gives me visual pleasure!    I used Eileen's Vase 3D Sizzix die for this container to hold my 12 Ranger Distress Crayons!  I die cut the Vase out of black mat board.  Then I laid Tim Holtz Burlap Stencil over it and embossed it using Wendy Vecchi White Embossing Paste -  I kept moving the stencil to fill the whole area - not worrying if it didn't cover everywhere or got smudged a little here and there!
I set the die cut aside to dry and stamped this sweet Mela image from Stampotique onto white card, colored it with some Copics (BG10, R20, RV06, YR07, E00 and colorless blender) and then fussy cut around her.
When the stenciled paste was dry (within an hour) - I assembled the vase per the instructions - using ScorTape on one end piece and the bottom piece.
I  glued a Quote Chip on one panel, letting it stick out straight as it is quite thick and would crack if bent.  I glued Mela's shoulder to the edge of the Quote Chip and also put a foam dot behind her tummy, attaching her lightly to the vase as well.
I left her arms, legs and feet loose - liking the free form look of it. 
This will certainly brighten up my work space and bring a smile to my face whenever I see Mela standing there handing me a crayon!

I hope I have inspired you to check out all the fun stamps over at Stampotique as well as all of Eileen Hull's wonderful Sizzix Dies!
You will find all of the Inspiration Teams' projects over at Eileen's blog during the month of June!

I'm also linking my project to:

#32  Put a Stencil on It

Words with Meaning
Hearts (Mela has a big heart on her dress, and my heart is in creating art!)
Stamps:  Mela - Stampotique
Paper:  black mat board - Sizzix, white cardstock- Papertrey Ink
Ink:  Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  Vase 3D die - Eileen Hull/Sizzix, Idea-ology Quote Chips, Wendy Vecchi White Embossing paste, Burlap Stencil - Tim Holtz, Copics - BG10, R20, RV06, YR07, E00, colorless blender.


14 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Such A NICE PROJECT - a LOVELY IDEA!

Redanne said...

Mela was such a great stamp choice Julia and I love how you stencilled the vase, it is very striking - and such a great idea. I don't have storage for my crayons so may have to 'borrow' your idea! Hugs, Anne xx

eileen hull said...

This is so clever Julia- making storage fun and functional at the same time!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous Julia, perfect stamp for your container. Love. Tracy x

Annette Allen said...

very cool and creative.

Hazel Agnew said...

Your heart is certainly in your art Julia. I love this and it is so practical! Thanks for joining in with us at Country View Crafts.

Kim Heggins said...

This is just adorable...what a great project!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love this container.......and isn't Mela just the most fun!! Another amazing craft item from you, my friend!!

Clare said...

Such a fun, cute project. Love it! Thank you for taking part in this months Mixed Media Monthly Challenge. Clare DT

Diana said...

this is one of those projects that just makes me smile... I would love to see this on a desk everyday!! very cool Julia!

Donna said...

I love this so much! I chose Mela also!

Words and Pictures said...

This is so clever - what a brilliant make, Julia!
Alison x

toni said...

Fabulous Julia! I love the storage you have created for your DCs what a brilliant idea. The stencilling is very effective and you have chosen the perfect words. Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Happy creating ! X

Ruth said...

Another absolutely fun project and who wouldn't want to reach to use these pens with that displayed on the desk! Thanks again for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Ruth x