Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Eileen Hull Sizzix Inspiration Team - collaborating with Stampotique!

This month Eileen Hull's Sizzix Inspiration Team is joining with Stampotique!   We were happily supplied with 6 Stampotique stamps of our choice - so you will see lots of variety over on Eileen's blog every Tuesday in June!

For my first project -  I used Eileen's Tea Cup 3D die, Stitchy Flower and Leaf Thinlit dies, and the flower from her House Pocket Die.
I die cut all the teacup pieces out of White Little Sizzles Matboard.  I then cut 2 tea cups and athe saucer out of paper from Eileen's Heart Felt Paper Pad.     I stamped 3 Girls on one side of the tea cup and Spider Grass and Good Things sentiment on the back teacup using Archival Black Ink.  
I sponged the edges of all the pieces using Eileen's Color Box Clear Snap Blends Hydrangea ink - so easy with the sponge applicator as part of the ink holder!
I covered the tea bag tag (part of the Tea Cup die) with more paper from the Heart Felt Paper Pad and a felt heart cut from Eileen's House Pocket die set.  I looped a piece of twine through the hole and attached the loose ends on the inside of the cup.  I stamped the Good Things sentiment and Spider Grass stamp using Archival Jet Black ink, coloring the Spider Grass with a light green Zig Clear Color brush and added light blue Tiny Twinkles..
I sponged an oval on the center of the saucer using the Hydrangea Color Box Blend ink and tied a 4 loop bow around the handles using white wrinkled seam tape
I die cut flowers and leaves from Eileen's Stitchy Flower and Leaf thinlits using Olive and Aqua Kunin Felt.  I pinched one end of each leaf together and added a dot of hot glue to each for a little curl, adhering them to the saucer at the bottom of the teacup with hot glue.
I added more blue Tiny Twinkles on the backs of the girls for a little sparkle and a larger blue rhinestone to the center of the flower.  I love this sentiment that is part of the 3 Girls stamp -  "Life is nothing without Friendship - Cicero". it reminds me of old family photos we have of my sister and me at the beach or lake with friends.
Sometimes I like to dunk biscotti in my tea - so I thought that might be a nice gift to put inside my teacup if I was giving this to someone!
I hope I have inspired you to check out all the fun stamps over at Stampotique as well as all of Eileen Hull's wonderful Sizzix Dies!

I'll be back next Tuesday with another joint project -  and you will find all of the Inspiration Teams' projects over at Eileen's blog during the month of June!

I'm also linking my project to:
Stamps and Stencils
Words with Meaning

Mixed Media Monthly
#36  Put a Stamp on It

Stampotique Flower Challenge SCD275

Stamps:  3 Girls, Good Things, Spider Grass - Stampotique
Ink:  Archival Jet Black,  Hydrangea Color Box Blends
Paper:  White Little Sizzles Matboard,  Heart Felt Paper Pad - Sizzix
Accessories:  Tea Cup 3D Die, Stitchy Flower and Leaf Thinlits, House Pocket Die - Eileen Hull/Sizzix, Olive and Aqua Kunin Felt, light Green Zig Marker, twine, foam dots, Tombow Glue, hot glue gun, Tiny Twinkles - Taylored Expressions, rhinestone - Kaiser Craft, white wrinkled seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop.

19 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Your project is UNIQUE! I love it!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wowie!!!!! What an awesome project - I love the tea cup(s) and how this become a gift holder, too! You are so creative, Julia! Retirement must be agreeing with you! Hugs!!

eileen hull said...

Julia the teacup is a delight! The stamp images are perfect and I love the touch of felt flowers to finish it off. The blue inked edges add dimension and you picked the perfect papers too! Love this ❤️

Esther Asbury said...

What a sweet little treat holder! So pretty and unique!

Redanne said...

The three girls together are delightful Julia and they look perfect on the tea cup - great paper choice and the sentiment is so lovely!! Hugs, Anne xx

Bonnie said...

What a lovely way to give a friend a gift (if you were going to give it away). Love how you've stamped the tea cup and sponged the shadow on the saucer! The added felt flower and pretty bow are fabulous finishing touches!

Darnell said...

You can craft anything beautifully, sis! This is so special and sensational down to the tiniest incredible detail!! Hugs, Darnell

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love this tea and biscuits set up - so very cute!

Kim Heggins said...

This is too darn cute...love your summer scene on your sweet mug! Adorable.

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous design Julia, beautifully put together xxx

Diana said...

i am a dipper too. but only in someone else's tea!! a really fun and summery project Julia!!!

jen said...

This is really lovely! What a fun gift to give a friend- and the perfect sentiment too!

Donna said...

Julia this is a fabulous way to use the tea cup! Great idea, lov the stamps you have choosen!

Karen said...

Love this, what a great idea!

SueC said...

Wonderful project and a great gift idea ! Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils .Sue C x

Julie S said...

This is so lovely and thoughtful! I love how you used the three girls stamp along with the quote - they are perfect together. There's a wonderful, nostalgic feel to this. Thank you for sharing it at the Stampotique Designers Challenge blog. :)

Lisa H said...

I love the fresh feel of this project Julia. So cute!! Thanks for joining us again at Mixed Media Monthly. =)

Astrid Maclean said...

Another beaauty Julia, love the teabag!! Looks great and thanks for adding it to MMM!

Ruth said...

How cute is this, a beautiful gift idea!! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Ruth x