Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Eileen Hull Inspiration Team - 2nd Post - Stampotique Collaboration

Today I'm posting my 2nd project as part of the Eileen Hull's Sizzix Inspiration Team's collaboration with Stampotique.   
(if you missed it -  click here to see last week's post).
This week, I made a coffee cup using Eileen's Mug and Spoon Die (SO sorry this mug die is now retired) as well as her Box - Make it 3D die to make it dimensional!
I started by stamping Stampotique's Wild Flowers stamp onto watercolor paper using Archival Black Ink so it wouldn't run when I added water.   I brushed water over the stamping and then started coloring with more water on my brush and paints.
When I finished coloring the image - I spritzed a little water over the whole image, wiped off the excess and dried with my heat tool.
I die cut 2 mugs - and then laid the image over the die (carefully to hopefully center it well!) and die cut the image.  I adhered the image to the mug.  I like to have dimension for the cup lip - so I die cut just the top of the mug and trimmed to fit.  I stamped the Plant Kindness sentiment on the strip and adhered it to the top of the mug.
I sponged everything with Ranger Distress Tea Dye Ink.    Here you can also see the piece I cut from the Box Make it 3D die - that will be the sides of the mug.  I only sponged down the center so the Scortape would stick to the tabs.
I've adhered one side to the back -  and then will do the front.
Here it is all put together -  with a 6 loop bow of wrinkled seam tape tied through both handles.
I left the back plain - just sponged with the Tea Dye Distress.
The sentiment goes perfectly with this image.
I added pink Tiny Twinkles to some of the flowers.
I've got some packaged biscotti that will fit nicely inside the mug for gift giving.  It would also hold a gift card or other small gift.
 You will find lovely inspired projects all month long over at Eileen's blog - where she will gather the projects from the Inspiration Team using Stampotique stamps and Eileen's dies!  I hope you'll check them out!

I'm also linking my project to the following:
#36  Put a Stamp on it



Stamps:  Wild Flowers, Plant Kindness - Stampotique
Paper:  Cream Little Sizzles Matboard - Sizzix, Arches Watercolor Paper.
Ink:  Archival Jet Black, Ranger Distress Tea Dye
Accessories:  Mug and Spoon Die, Box Make it 3D - Eileen Hull/Sizzix, water color paints, water, brush, Tiny Twinkles - Taylored Expressions, wrinkled seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop, Scor Tape, Tombow Glue.


14 comments:

Deb said...

Beautiful project Julia, wonderful watercolouring and love how the spritz of water at the end gently bled the colours, gorgeous! Someone will be very lucky to receive your lovely gift holder, thanks for sharing it, Deb xo

Redanne said...

This would definitely make a beautiful gift card holder - a very elegant one indeed! The watercoloured flowers are gorgeous and I love the sentiment! Hugs, Anne xx

Kim Heggins said...

Love your sweet coffee mug gift holder! Your flowers are so pretty.

Bonnie said...

You make the best 3D art, Julia! This coffee mug is awesome! Love the watercolor piece decorating it!

Karen said...

Awesome idea, love how your flowers turned out!

Words and Pictures said...

I love this charming flowery mug - such pretty, delicate tinting with the watercolours, and great distressing for a vintage look.
Alison x

toni said...

What. Great make Julia! I love the idea of it being a little gift box, the stamping and colouring is so pretty, and the sentiment is just right! Thank you for joining us over at Stamps and Stencils. Toni x

Julie S said...

What a beautiful package for a delish gift! I think the crinkle ribbon is just the right finishing touch too. Thank for sharing this at the Stampotique Designers Challenge blog.

G Peplow said...

What a lovely creation, I like how you used the stamp on the mug! Thanks for joining in with the Stampotique Designers Challenge

Clare said...

Your project is out of this world! I love the stamps that you have chosen and the colours are stunning. Thank you for taking part in this months Mixed Media Monthly Challenge. Clare DT

Donna said...

I love your choice of stamp and your watercoloring is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Love this! Your watercoloring is just wonderful - and that mug die is great - love her stuff!Thank you so much for playing with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Diana said...

you make me want to watercolour again!!! I love this project (and the treats look mighty tasty!)

rachel said...

This is beautiful Julia and those biscotti look amazing! thanks for joining us at Stamps and stencils - apologies for commenting so late! Hugs rachel x