Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Felt Embroidered New Home

Today I have a project to share that I made using another of Eileen Hull's new dies that were introduced at Creativation in January.  For this project I made a stand up card using her House/Pocket Stitchlits die and the LOVE from her Word Stitchlits dies
I started by making the base of the card using Eileen's Mailable Frame die that I cut out of Cream Little Sizzles Mat Board and layered a piece of wood grain patterned paper over it.
I die cut the house and decorative pieces out of felt and glued them together.  The die cuts holes along the edges of the house so it is very easy to embroider a blanket stitch around the edges which I did with red embroidery floss.  I die cut the love over the door and embroidered that as well.  I added a little flower brad to the door as a cute little door handle.
I adhered the house to the front of the Mailable Die cut and stamped a new home sentiment inside.

Wouldn't this be a fun and impressive card to send to someone in a new home?!
You can also use this die to make a little purse by cutting two pieces of the house, cutting off the roof of one (just below the roof line - so you're left with a rectangle), layering the two pieces together (with the rectangle in front) and folding down the roof piece of the back for the purse flap!
  
You will find examples of the purse made by some of the Creative Team over on Eileen's blog where she will be posting our projects during the month of March!

I'm linking my card to:
Happy Little Stampers
 

12 comments:

Karen Dunbrook said...

sweetness....
xx Karen

Samra said...

WOW!!! This is so gorgeous and heartwarming.
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Redanne said...

I just love how you used the pocket Julia, the little star door knob is so sweet and your blanket stitching is so neat! Hugs, Anne xx

Juliz Design Post said...

This is so sweet Julia.
Julie x

Bonnie said...

This is adorable, Julia! Love the fold so the card stands up well!

~amy~ said...

How fun, I love the felt!

Darnell said...

Aah, this is so darling, Julia! This will be a lifelong keepsake for the recipient!! Hugs, Darnell

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Lisa! Love the felt home!

Loll said...

This is so sweet, Julia. LOVE the blanket stitch ... makes such a lovely edging on your adorable house. xx

Jo said...

So original, but you always are. This is truly a beauty, warm hugs xx

Jill Norwood said...

Oh my! This is adorable!!! And it would be so sweet for a new homeowner or a welcome to the neighborhood too! Love the sweet touches you added with the word love and the doorknob!

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Wow!! This is Gorgeous..love it totally.Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies challenge. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal