Tuesday, November 15, 2016

November CAS Mix Up Challenge - Mid Month Reminder!

I'm back to remind everyone there's still time to join in with a card for the November CAS Mix Up Challenge!  You'll find links to videos showing different kinds of masking over at the challenge blog.
For this card I used Eclipse Tape to mask the edges of my card stock panel.
Then I stamped an Ornate Circles Background stamp using Cactus Flower Ink - so the image just showed on the exposed center of the panel and was automatically framed in white when the tape was removed!
I added a little piece of a die cut Wild Flower in black and a sentiment stamped on a white rectangle that I layered over the stamping with foam dots.  I added 3 white sequins to draw the eye around the card.
So, please join us over at CAS Mix Up Challenge and show us how you create a masked design!
Stamps:  Ornate Dots Background Stamp - Wendy Vecchi Studio 490, Everyday Blessings - Papertrey Ink.
Paper:  White, True Black - Papertrey Ink
Ink:  Wendy Vecchi Archival Cactus Flower, True Black - PTI
Accessories:  Wild Flowers Thinlits Die - Tim Holtz/Alterations, Winter Blend Sequins - Avery Elle, Eclipse Tape.

8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

So simple and so beautiful - I love your card, Jo x

Loll said...

Beautiful CAS design Julia. And a great way to use masking. Love the instance white border ... really brings the focus to the beautiful background stamp --- such a pretty colour! The black silhouette die-cut really pops off the background. Great design! xx

Redanne said...

Beautifully masked and stamped and I love the snippet of a flower that you added too. Hugs, Anne xx

nancy littrell said...

I love your simply beautiful card design Julia. All so perfectly balanced...yes, your sequins drew my eyes...all around your card :-) TFS my friend. Hugs, Nancy

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful masked background, Julia! Love the black die cuts with it and one of my favorite scriptures that I need to be reminded of often!

Jo said...

Such a beautiful clean design. The black tone against the purplish background makes that die cut pop, love it!
Gorgeous card :D Hugs, Joanna

Susan said...

Love the masked panel for the background - great way to add interest and texture without adding layers. It keeps it so CAS!

Kim Heggins said...

Simply stunning!