Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Paper Flowers in a Vase = LOVE

Today I have another project to share as the newest Design Team Member on Eileen Hull's Sizzix DT. 
For the May Design Team projects -  our instructions are to "Create a project tutorial using the new Paper Flower Party Dies or Re-released dies (suitcase, square box, tea cup, bag caddy, 3-D Vase or Candy Drawer"
This time I was able to use three of Eileen's new Sizzix products - Thinlets Die Flower, Rolled, Bigz Die Leaves of Spring and her Honeycomb embossing folder!
Here are a few photos of how I put the flowers together.  I die cut the flowers out of Funky Town DP from PTI and rolled them according to the instructions.  I die cut the stamens and calax of the flower from Summer Sunrise cardstock.
I decided I wanted to have wire stems on my flowers - so I took a piece of Floral Wire 18 gauge that was already wrapped with floral tape, pushed it through the bottom of the flower and glued it to the stamen.  I glued small white Prima Art Stones to the center of each flower.
 Here they are all done, just waiting for their leaves.
I die cut one of the leaves from Eileen's Leaves,Spring Bigz die and then embossed them using Eileen's new Honeycomb Embossing Folder.  This just gave them a little added texture.  I debated as to whether I wanted to sponge all the edges of flowers and leaves with a Distress Ink - but decided to leave them clean and bright!
The wire on the blooms allows me to make each stem longer or shorter and I can bend them forward or back or to the side depending on how I want them to look.
I bought this sweet antiqued vase at Michaels over the weekend -  it was 60% off and I also had a coupon for 20% off everything I purchased so this just cost $3.59!  I added a punched butterfly to one of the bottles and tied a bow of wrinkled seam tape on another.
I'm really happy with how my pretty spring/summer flowers look in these bright colors sitting in this sweet little bottle vase.  The vase measures 6" w x 4" h
Please check out Eileen's blog to see what other DT members have posted there for your inspiration!

I'm linking my project to the following challenges:
Anything But Cute -  Celebrate your style.
The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge - Butterflies and Blooms

Paper:  Summer Sunrise, Simply Chartreuse, white, DP Text Style Funky Town - PTI
Accessories:  Eileen Hull Dies - Sizzix Thinlets die Flower/Rolled, Sizzix Bigz Die Leaves, Spring, Eileen Hull Sizzix Honeycomb Embossing Folder.  Wrinkled Seam Tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop, hot glue gun, Floral Wire 18 Gauge, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, White Small Artstones - Prima/Finnabair, Vase - Michaels, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive.

13 comments:

eileen hull said...

Such a sweet project Julia! And a good deal too 😀. Love the colors...

Samra said...

WOW! Julia those flowers are gorgeous!!
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Redanne said...

LOVE how you used the flower dies, your flowers are so funky and beautiful and the vase looks amazing - what a bargain! xx

Deb said...

Lovely Spring flowers Julia! Deb xo

sarascloset said...

Julia, this project just makes me smile! I love those big bold flowers and the honeycombed leaves in that Micheal's steal of a vase! Such a fabulous project!

Thank you for joining our Celebrate Your Style challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

Becca Cruger said...

What a perfectly whimsical way to fill those vases! Those flowers are so fun and funky!

Tracey McNeely said...

Julia what pretty flowers! You make the most awesome crafty projects!

Pamellia said...

Wow Julia, what a fabulous project! I just love all the patterns you used for the flowers, and that vase is so amazing!! Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But Cute for our 'Celebrate Your Style' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! The flowers are beautiful!! I love the texture you added to the leaves!! Thank you so much for playing along at Anything But Cute for our Celebrate Your Style challenge!!

Lisa DT
A Mermaid's Crafts

Words and Pictures said...

Your flowers are just fabulous - funky is definitely the word for those bright, dotty papers. The textured leaves are great too, and your bargain bottles are just perfect to hold them all.
Alison x

Barbara said...

I'm in love with these flowers! So beautiful ! Stunning project! barbara

Kim Heggins said...

LOVE this...just love your wonderful flowers.

Donna said...

Beautiful! I love that you textured your leaves, that is awesome!
Great project!