Thursday, April 28, 2016

Fusion Card Challenge - April 28 - Sweet Orange Blossoms

There's a new Fusion Card Challenge up today!  Sweet Orange Blossoms -  can't you just smell that delicious scent??
 I was inspired by the orange flowers and decided to use the beautiful Queen Anne's Lace flower from the Meadow Greens set from PTI -  I LOVE this flower stamp!  
(It reminds me of when my sister and I were little and we would go camping in Maine in the summer.  When we walked down to the state park store we often saw Queen Anne's Lace growing along the road and our mother showed us how the root looks like a carrot - it really made me remember the name of the flower!)  
I paired it with a really old sympathy sentiment from Close as a Memory by SU.  I bought the Meadow Greens dies when I bought the stamps (of course!) so I die cut and layered one of the flowers.  I used a little poetic license with the colors as the only color I've seen real Queen Anne's Lace in is white. I added a rhinestone to the center of each bloom.
 I can't wait to see what inspires you on this week's Fusion Card Challenge - the photo, the colors, the sketch? or will you do a Fusion and combine it all??!!   You'll find the link for your creation as well as tons of inspiration from the Design Team here.
Stamps:  Close as a Memory - Stampin' Up, Meadow Greens - PapertreyInk
Paper:  White, Simply Chartreuse - PTI
Ink:  Archival Jet Black, Orange Zest, Bright Buttercup, Simply Chartreuse.
Accessories:  Meadow Greens Die Set - PTI, Rhinestones - Kaiser.

14 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

So beautiful! What a great memory, too! You were lucky to have those walking lessons!
Hugs!

Deb said...

Beautiful card Julia and what a pretty stamp, love Queen Annes lace! Sending warm hugs, Deb xo

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Julia! Those blossoms are gorgeous! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs xo

Words and Pictures said...

Such lovely flowers - such a pretty card. Much love to you.
Alison x

sandie said...

Fabulous card, love the layering x

Michelle said...

What a beautiful card, Julia, and a lovely story. You are in my thoughts. xxx

Loll said...

Beautiful card Julia. I love the colours and how you've used them. It's wonderful when you are reminded of a special time when using a certain stamped image. I'm sure the memories made you smile. Thinking of you. xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Julia this is a beautiful card, Ii love that PTI Meadow Greens set!

Redanne said...

I love Queen Anne's lace too and it looks so beautiful on your card Julia - I think the colour suits it too. Sending love and big hugs, Anne xx

Samra said...

What a striking card, so very elegant..
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Lynn said...

Absolutely beautiful. Love the way you used that set!

Karren said...

Beautiful card, Julia! Those flowers are gorgeous!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

pretty new blog banner Julia and your card is GORGEOUS! Thinking of you!

Jeanne J. said...

Julia this is gorgeous! My favorite PTI stamp EVER! So delicate and feminine! Your colors are so pretty - I always seem to stamp this in green and cream - what am I thinking? I need to just go for it! LOL!