Monday, June 1, 2015

Mixed Media Card Challenge June 2015 - Collage

Welcome to the 1st of June and to the brandy new Mixed Media Card Challenge for June -  Theme Collage with optional element: Frame
For my mixed media card today - I used a Cabinet Card Frame and a Found Relatives photo that I colorized using Ranger Distress Markers (so easy to do!).  
I added metal Mini Corners on two opposite corners, distressed the edges by sponging with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and also embossed some of the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powder.  I colored the Mirrored Stars, the Adornment Arrow and the Word Band with Latte Adirondack Alcohol Ink and Gold Mixative.
I added a birthday Flash Card and Big Chat and Small Talk stickers. I looped Natural Black/Cream Trimming through the Word Band  and adhered it over the photo with foam dots.  I added the Good Times (Alpha Parts/Framed) to the corner.  The shield is from Ephemera/Thrift Shop.
 I wanted my frame to stand up so the receiver could easily display this treasure (!) so I added an easel out of Grungeboard using my Alterations Small Easel die that I sponged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I adhered it to the back of the frame with ScorTape.  The Cabinet Card measures about 6 1/4" x 4 1/4" so will need a larger envelope - or be hand delivered!
What kind of Mixed Media Collage will you create on your card?  We can't wait to see - you have until  June 28th to link it up here on the MMCC blog,  where you will also find some super inspiration from the rest of the Design Team!

I'm also linking my project to:
 Frilly and Funkie Challenge - Happy, Happy, Happy (I'm happy when I use Tim Holtz supplies!)
Paper:  Cabinet Card Frame, Grungeboard - Ranger
Ink:  Versamark, Ranger Distress Vintage Photo
Accessories:  Idea-ology - Found Relatives, Word Bands, Adornments/Arrows, Mirrored Stars, Alpha Parts - Framed, Mini Corners, Flash Cards, Ephemera/Thrift Shop, Trimmings - Natural/Black/Cream, Big Chat, Small Talk; Ranger Distress Markers - Brushed Corduroy, Festive Berries, Stormy Sky, Peeled Paint, Spun Sugar, Pine Needles, Wild Honey; Adirondack Alcohol Ink - Latte, Gold Mixative; foam dots, ScorTape, Scotch Wuick Dry Adhesive. Alterations Die Small Easel, Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powder.

14 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

So glad to see you are staying on this team. You do amazing creations with multi media and its always a pleasure popping over and seeing them!

ps I sent you an email

Vicki Dutcher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Far North said...

Fabulous collage...love it feels like it's torn out of an old scrapbook and as always you incorporated great details! It's a great idea for a card when one wants to share memories! I appreciate the back view and details of the frame.

Great new profile photo...before the beginning of a new year with MMCC! Many thanks for your kindness and support as a great teamie!

Redanne said...

That is such an adorable image and you have coloured it so beautifully too Julia. Love this! Hugs, Anne xx

maria f. said...

Just noticed the tag line on your blog header. It corresponds with what I came to say. Your creativity knows no bounds and the depths you go to with your projects' details are amazing. Thanks for all your inspiration!

Mona Pendleton said...

Adorable card Julia! Love the image that you featured! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Julia!!!! I love seeing your mixed media projects, they are wonderful and so creative!! Thank You for the wonderful comment. I feel the same :-) Will always be popping by to see your fabulous designs :-)

Loll said...

Wow!! So many amazing details ... so much to look at! Completely in love with your coloured found photo ... awesome! Have really enjoyed being on the team with you over the past year. Hopefully we'll end up together on another design team in the future. In the meantime, I will continue to follow your wonderful blog. I always learn so much from you. Loll xx


Diane said...

Just adorable love the vintage style images.

Hugs diane

Deb said...

Wonderful collage card Julia, love the vintage feeling and how you've coloured the cabinet card photo so beautifully!

Pamellia said...

What a great frame Julia! I love how you coloured the image, so perfect for a vintage theme! Love the metal corners and the little extras you added. hugs :)

Jenny Marples said...

Simply brilliant Julia! LOVE everything about this. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Nicole Wright Designs said...

OH WOW...Loving, loving, loving this! Thank you for sharing with us at Frilly and Funkie.

Samra said...

WOW!!! What a stunning vintage looking project!!! Love it!!