Thursday, June 4, 2015

Fusion Challenge - June 4th - Blue Skys - Smooth Sailing

We have a lovely summertime theme for the Fusion Challenge this fortnight!  You can be nautically inspired by the photo - or celestially inspired by the sketch!
I went for the nautical inspiration of the photo - as soon as I saw the cut-out anchor - I thought of the Ocean Bound stamp set and Ocean Bound Anchors die set from Waltzingmouse.
The background panel is a wonderful piece of woodgrain patterned paper from Paper Pizzazz and the blue is Kraft Core from Coredinations/Tim Holtz that I sanded.  First I cut a panel and die cut the anchor out of the center.  Then I cut the strip in half and sanded all around so the kraft core showed through.  I cut two small rectangles, sanded them and attached them to the anchor cut piece at top and bottom, leaving a small space in the center.  I adhered the panel to the woodgrain background with foam dots.
I stamped the sentiment from Ocean Bound directly onto the woodgrain using Archival Jet Black Ink.  I stamped the tiny seahorse with Memento Cantelope Ink on a free cut-file available as a download from WMS when you purchase the Ocean Bound stamp set.  I scattered 4 green dew drops around the card.
I used the die cut anchor positive piece on the inside of my card along with another sentiment from Ocean Bound.  Fun sentiment, right?!
 How does this fortnight's challenge inspire you??!  You will find all the details of the challenge and more inspiration from the rest of my talented Teamies over at The Fusion Card Challenge blog!

Deanne   

PROCEDURES:
1. Play with just the sketch challenge.
2. Play with just the inspiration photo challenge.
3. Or you can create FUSION by combining BOTH challenges into one card.
4. Use the challenge graphic and link back to Fusion in your post.
5. Please read the other considerations on the Our Rules Page before playing along.

I'm also linking this to the Wednesday Simon Says Make It Masculine Challenge.
 
Stamps:  Ocean Bound - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  Kraft Core Coredinations/Tim Holtz, White, True Black - PTI, woodgrin DP - Paper Pizzazz.
Ink:  Archival Jet Black, Memento Cantelope
Accessories:  Mini Sanding Block - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, Dew Drops - The Robins Nest, Ocean Bound Anchors Dies - Waltzingmouse. 

13 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, Julia, this is INCREDIBLE! What a fabulous creation!

Samra said...

WOW!!! What a stunning nautical card!!! I love nautical style cards and this stunning and striking design is simply mind blowing!!! I need to catch up with commenting on your beautiful cards, I check them secretly while at work, but can't comment at that time, so now that I have a day off need to go back and let you know how gorgeous they are :)

Pamellia said...

Awesome nautical card Julia! I love that blue weathered wood, stunning look! Amazing take on the photo. hugs :)

Juliz Design Post said...

Fantastic nautical card with a super weathered look. Love it.
Julie x

Jeanne J. said...

Oh gosh! It looks just like the inspiration photo! Brilliant!!!

~amy~ said...

PERFECT.

Deb said...

Wow, that's wonderful Julia!

CardUm said...

Wow your card is perfect really!

stampingbowd said...

Wow! I love how you created your card from the inspiration! Love the distressing on your shutter! Gorgeous card!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

PERFECT replication of the inspiration! Awesome!

Kelly S. said...

Um, NAILED IT! I love this card so much I could kiss it :)! Your blue woodgrain with the anchor cut out looks so REAL!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Wow! Absolutely SPOT on!!!!! Fantastic all around!

Deanne :)

Caryn said...

This is so so cool Julia - love the weathered look.
Thanks for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx