Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Candles and Elephants

I have two cards to share today - one a Christmas card and one a Birthday card made for challenges.
First up is one more card for my Christmas stash box.  I used 3 Waltzingmouse stamp sets for my design - Little Lanterns (lantern, hanger, chain, holly leaf, candle and flame), Bright Season (berries) and the sentiment is from Alpine Christmas.
All the stampings are embossed using either gold or silver embossing powder.
I die cut the lantern with a die from the WMS Little Lanterns Die set and scattered 3 white sequins over the card.
I'm linking my Christmas lantern card to the Merry Monday Challenge - add Sparkle, Shimmer and/or Bling.
For my next card I used an adorable little stamp set I recently purchased after seeing so many cute cards in blogland using it!   It's called Ella and Friends from Mama Elephant and this is the first time I've used it.  I die cut Ella and her hat using the Ella and Friends Creative Cuts die set.  I cut Ella out of Soft Stone card stock so she was already light gray, stamped her outline with Smokey Shadow ink then colored around the edges with a gray Copic and added a blush to her cheek with a pink Copic - SO easy to make her look SO cute (I'm not big on coloring too much!) Both Ella and her hat are popped up on foam dots.   I scattered some white sequins around the card for a little sparkle.
I'm linking my Ella card to two challenges:
Less is More - Lucky Dip Theme - 2 or 4 legs.
Curtain Call - Beach Ball (I used the beach ball colors on the bubbles Ella is blowing out of her trunk!)
I'm finally back to work today - thanks for all your well wishes while I had bronchitis -  and I was assigned to sit on a jury at Jury Duty yesterday -   the judge appointed me to be the foreman - Yikes! -  I'm pretty sure it was because I had been on a jury before (they ask you that on the questionnaire you have to fill in before serving) and when we got in the room to start deliberating, I found out that none of the other 5 jurors had been.  Luckily it was a quick case and we were released at 1 pm.

Merry Christmas Card:
Stamps:  Little Lanterns, Bright Season, Alpine Christmas - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  White - PTI, Brushed Gold - SU
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Foam dots, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, Winter Blend Sequins - Avery Elle, Silver and Gold Embossing Powders, heat tool, Little Lanterns Die Set - Waltzingmouse.

Unforgettable
Stamps: Ella and Friends - Mama Elephant
Paper:  White, Soft Stone - PTI
Ink:  Smokey Shadow, Harvest Gold, Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shore - PTI
Accessories:  Copics: R20, T2, R35, Y13, BG13, Winter Blend Sequins - Avery Elle, foam dots, Ella and Friends Creative Cuts Die set - Mama Elephant

18 comments:

Samra said...

Two out of this work gorgeous CAS cards Julia!!! Love the Christmas card elegance and such great simple design! The elephant card is soooo fun, just love it!!!

Annette Allen said...

gorgeous first card and that second is adorable.. that elephant always makes me smile.. so fun..

Linda said...

Pretty first card and adorable second one.

Anonymous said...

These are adorable!!!!

Fabiola said...

Superbe Julia, magnifique création, parfaite pour ce thème brillant et scintillant, biz

Marybeth said...

Beautiful shimmer with the embossing on the first card....so pretty! The Ellie card is adorable! Love your new picture.

Neets B said...

Love these, Julia. Your Christmas card is so elegant in gold and silver. And what a fab idea to stamp Ellie on grey first, the simple shading really works.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Sazzle Dazzle said...

2 fantastic cards - love your Christmas make which is certainly full of all that festive glam and sparkle but loving that cute elephant card too - works perfectly in our leggy challenge at Less is More. Thanks so much for playing along. Sarah

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Such a pretty card for our Merry Monday Challenge this week. Love the gold & silver used together like this!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

LOVE the lovely CAS design with the lantern die cut -- the silver and gold are just perfect! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday this week!

~amy~ said...

Both are fabulous but super love that ellie one!

Pamellia said...

Wonderful cards Julia! Love the elegance of the gold and silver holiday card, and your little elephant is just too cute for words! hugs :)

francesca said...

lovely Cas card!! :)

Chrissie said...

Two fab cards.
I love the little ellie... the added dimension is really effective!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Susan Powell said...

These are two fantastic cards!!! I especially love that adorable elephant!

Susan Joyce said...

Gorgeous collection of cards Julia. I love the Lantern card with the Gold and Silver embossing, beautiful CAS design. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

Anne said...

Sigh, I keep trying to resist the elephant set Julia! This is just totally adorable, love your colours. Fab Christmas card too.
Thank you very much for joining us.
Anne
Less is More

Monika/Buzsy said...

Amazing cards Julia. Love the metallic colors on the first one... so elegant. The little elephant is so sweet on the second. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.