Thursday, June 4, 2015

A Vintage Journey Challenge - June 2015 - Celebrations

Today Sandy is our Creative Guide Hostess for the June A Vintage Journey Challenge.  
Her challenge to us this month is Celebrations - in her words "Share your celebrations with us.  It can be the end of the school year, a birthday, Father's Day, a wedding or a special anniversary.  Use any of Tim's products or techniques."
I wanted to use some of my newly purchased Tim products and so I created this colorful wedding card:
I got out the lovely Runway Stamp set, the Script and Block Thinlet Celebration Words sets and the new Tiny Tattered Florals.
I started out by stamping the bride on a piece of Vintage Cream Linen Cardstock using Archival Jet Black Ink.  Then I rubbed Ranger Distress Inks in Shaded Lilac, Peacock Feathers and Mustard Seed onto my craft mat, spritzed them with water and dragged the stamped panel through it.  I then sprayed a little more water directly onto the panel - let the colors blend a bit and then dried it with my heat tool to set.
I die cut the Celebration Words LOVE block out of the center of the panel, turned it over and laid foam tape around the word on the back of the panel as I wanted to back it with a piece of purple Ranger Distress Coredinations cardstock and I wanted it to have depth.
Here you can see the purple behind the LOVE cut-out as well as the Celebration Word Script - celebrate that I cut out of blue Ranger Distress Coredinations card stock and adhered to the panel above the LOVE.
I die cut three of the tiniest roses from the Tiny Tattered Floral Thinlets dies in yellow, blue and purple, Coredinations paper, added 3 green leaves and adhered them around the waistline of the wedding dress.  I added some sticky pearls to the brides head piece, along her bodice and to the center of the roses. (I just noticed the little heart on the stamp near her bent arm- how sweet!)
Here's another close up where you can see how nice the panel looks with the mixed watered down colors. You never really know what you will turn out with when you use this technique! I also sponged the edges of the panel with Mustard Seed and Tea Dye Distress Inks before layering it to a black panel and then to the cream linen card base.
My card is 4 3/4" x 4 3/4" square - so will require a special larger envelope.
So please join us this month over at A Vintage Journey as we 'Celebrate' whatever needs celebrating!!  You will find all the details of the challenge -  the awesome inspiration from my fellow Creative Guides and, of course, Mr. Linky, here at the AVJ blog.

I'm also linking my creation to the Inkspirational Challenge 
to use Purple and an option of making it a wedding card
Julia xx

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Julia, This is simply Beautiful! Such a lovely wedding card and I LOVE your use of 'unconventional' colors, especially the Mustard Seed :) I love yellow :):)
Oh, and that little heart is too sweet, just as sweet as her darling bouquet of itty bitty roses!! A wonderful card for S@ndy's Celebrations theme!! Lots of inspiration here with this gorgeous card, Julia!! XOXO-Shari

Annette Allen said...

this is so awesome.. i love how you created this background..

S@ndy Diller said...

This is beyond beautiful Julia. What a great use of all your new goodies. I love the colors you used and the way you put the words on the card. Fabulous!!

S@ndy xx

Samra said...

What a gorgeous card Julia!!! Love the colors you chose and such a great design! Simple and so striking!

Jenny Marples said...

That is SUCH a clever and beautiful card Julia! LOVE the idea of using her as a bride and the LOVE aperture works perfectly. Jenny x

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous card Julia!! Love the colour combination on your gorgeous background and what brilliant use of your new Tim goodies! Brilliant celebration make and I love how you put it all together!!

Redanne said...

Absolutely stunning Julia, gorgeous colours, wonderful design and of course, a beautiful set of stamps! Hugs, Anne xx

Pamellia said...

Love that background Julia, those colours are so dreamy and the splotching is wonderful! The bride stamp was a perfect choice, love how you did the sentiment! hugs :)

Brenda Brown said...

A beautiful card with lovely summer colours. A great design Julia

Juliz Design Post said...

Brilliant card Julia, love your elegant design and the beautiful floral bouquet.
Have a lovely weekend, Julie x

Nikki Acton said...

Lovely card Julia - wonderful inking and classic design. Nikki xx

Terry said...

Julia, the Distressed colored background is stunning with the Runway Model! Love the colors and the way you added the "Love" and flowers! Such a pretty card! Happy Weekend!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Julia! I love the colorful background that you created along with the pretty blossoms!

Annie said...

A stunning card Julia perfect for the Celebrations challenge. Love the background colours and the additional details you have incorporated.

TFS and best wishes
Annie xx

Deepti said...

This is beautiful, I love the addition of those tiny little flowers :)

Deb said...

Beautiful card Julia, gorgeous colour palette and the addition of the letter cutouts and those lovely flowers is just perfect!

barbarayaya62 said...

Fab colors! I love your card and this stamp is perfect for the theme! Barbarayaya