Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Take a Ride

A friend at work asked me to make a personalized birthday card for her husband -  and she said he likes to ride his bike.   So here is the design I came up with:
There's no stamping on this (Yikes!)  accept on the inside - the background panel is a piece of patterned paper from Tim Holtz - Paper Stash/Destinations.  The biker is from Salvage Stickers, the sentiment is a Small Talk Sticker and I spelled the name with Alpha Chips.  I stuck the biker sticker to a piece of black cardstock and cut it out to frame it.  I layered it to the card with foam dots.

Then the same friend asked me to make the same card for her husband's son's birthday - who also likes to bike - but there was only one biker sticker in the Salvage Stickers set - so I found another image over at The Graphics Fairy  (free vintage images!) and created this card.
I'm entering my cards in the following challenges:
Paper Players - Transportation

Curtain Call - Travel On.

Quirky Crafts Challenges -  Let's Go on a Quirky Journey

 Thanks for stopping by today!
Paper:  Smokey Shadow and Rustic Cream - PTI, DP Idea-ology Paper Stash/Destinations
Accessories:  Idea-ology - Alpha Chips, Small Talk, Salvage Stickers, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, foam dots.

15 comments:

Annette Allen said...

awesome cards.. i love those cool bike images.

Samra said...

Great masculine cards Julia!! Love the vintage look:)

Redanne said...

Both cards are brilliant Julia, I used the first on my DH's card last year after the Tour de France started here in the UK, he still has it up so I guess he like it! He would love your card too... Hugs, Anne xx

LeAnne said...

These are totally awesome! I love them both, especially for our Paper Players challenge! I would love them regardless! Thanks for sharing these with us this week!

Pamellia said...

These are fabulous Julia! I love the neutrals and the newsprints, perfect for masculine. She must have been thrilled about these cards! hugs :)

Maria said...

Awesome bike cards! Love the vintage feel to your cards! Thanks so much for participating in the challenge at Curtain Call!:-)

Creaciones Isha said...

Beautiful cards!!! Come and join us at "Let´s go on a Quirky Journey Challenge"
http://quirkycrafts.blogspot.com/2015/04/challenge-9-lets-go-on-quirky-journey.html

Miriam Prantner said...

Great vintage images! Love these cards!

Unknown said...

LOVE both of these cards, Julia!! XOXO-Shari

Deb said...

Those are both great Julie, I'm sure their recipients loved them!

stampwithsandy said...

What great cards, Julia! I love the vintage papers and the label sentiments. Thanks so much for playing along with my Transportation Challenge at The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Awesome cards, Julia! I love the vintage images and the sentiment on the second card is wonderful. Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players! :)

Debbie Adams said...

What a great card. I like the simplicity of it and the bicyclist images you used. Beautiful vintage paper as well. Thanks for joining Quirky Crafts Challenge. :D
Deborah GD

Creaciones Isha said...

Hi Julia....you won third place from our Challenge!! congratulations!!http://quirkycrafts.blogspot.com/2015/05/challenge-8-winners-of-lets-go-on.html

I Card Everyone said...

Julia these are both just fantastic!
=] Michele