Sunday, May 31, 2015

Quirky Crafts Challenge - Kick Up Your Heels

I'm back again in a follow-up post  as Guest Designer for this fortnight's Quirky Crafts Challenge.  I was chosen after winning 3rd place in their May 10th Challenge.
The Cutting Cafe is sponsoring this fortnight's challenge - The Challenge is Quirky Shirts or Shoes - and the design team was sent some fun cut files to use.  For my follow up challenge project - I used the High Heeled Shoe cut file.  How fun is this elegant shoe!!  I did it up in some bright colored shimmer card stock from Papertrey Ink. (I'm afraid the pretty shimmer of it doesn't show up in my photos.)
I love the fun element of the bow strap (there are several different bow options in the cut file for the shoe).  I added an Idea-ology Gum Drop that I colored with Sail Boat Blue Adirondack Alcohol Ink to the center of the bow.
The files also come with a whole sheet of fun sentiments -  I loved the Kick Up Your Heels one I used on the front - and also this tongue-in-cheek one I  added on the inside.  I will be giving this card to a co-worker who loves high heels -  and always wears them -  she will LOVE this! (and totally agree with the sentiment!)
So, if you haven't already - please check out the Quirky Crafts Challenge - Shirts or Shoes and join in!  There's still one more week to play!

8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Great card... and a perfect sentiment! Jo x

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun card Julia! Every girl needs a pair of fancy shoes like that! :)

Annette Allen said...

oh my word HOW CUTE..

Cazzy said...

Thank you for being a great guest with your wonderful makes Julia, sorry I've not commented before, got a lot of family issues going on at the moment!

Hugs,

Cazzy x

Pamellia said...

Fabulous Julia! Love the colours and your bling is such a great detail! This would be really fun for a sweet 16, think I'll remember this one! hugs :)

Creaciones Isha said...

Beautiful card.....We really enjoy to have you designing with us at Quirky Crafts Challenges!

Doris E said...

This is so beautiful. The color combination is awesome!!! Quirky DT

Samra said...

I looooove this one!!! I have friends that have that same life philosophy :) Love those bright colors you used :) You are such a versatile crafter, love it!!!