Friday, May 1, 2015

Mixed Media Card Challenge #11 May 1st - Wings

It's the 1st of May and there's a new Mixed Media Card Challenge up!  This month, Shery wants us to use Wings - with the optional element of Foil.
 I used both on my creation this month.  I adhered Ranger Foil Tape to a piece of white card stock then cut it with the Alterations Layered Bee die.  I colored the foil using Adirondack Alcohol Inks in Butterscotch, Pitch Black and Gold Mixative.  Then I rubbed a little bit of Gold Leaf Rub n Buff on a few spots.  I stenciled my background panel with Tim Holtz Stencils - Rays and Blossom using Wendy Vecchi Archival  inks in Leaf Green, Cornflower Blue, Orange Blossom, Dandelion.  
I the edges of the panel with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink and layered it to my card base. I adhered the bee to the card with thick foam dots after curving the body and wings a bit and added wire antenae.  I added three Idea-ology Big Chat stickers around the bee and some black rhinestones to the wings.
The stamped sentiment is from Wendy Vecchi's Busy Making Art Set.   Inside I stamped Happy Birthday.
I hope you'll join us this month with your Wings and Optional Foil cards.  You'll find all the challenge details and lots of wonderful mixed media inspiration from the rest of the Design Team here on the Mixed Media Card Challenge blog!   Can't wait to see your creations!

I'm also linking my card to these challenges:
Seize the Birthday - toppings/Make Your own Background
Addicted to Stamps - Make your Mark (I sponged the stenciled background)

Stamps:   Busy Making Art - Wendy Vecchi/Stampers Anonymous
Paper:  White, Vintage Cream Linen Cardstock - PTI
Ink:  Wendy Vecchi Archival Leaf Green, Cornflower Blue, Orange Blossom, Dandelion; Archival Jet Black, Ranger Distress Frayed Burlap.
Accessories:  Layered Bee Die - Tim Holtz/Alterations, Adirondack Alcohol Inks Butterscotch, Pitch Black, Gold Mixative; Idea-ology Big Chat Stickers, black rhinestones - Kaiser, Rub N Buff Gold Leaf, thick foam dots.

24 comments:

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous!!! Oh my goodness Julia, I love how you incorporated the foil, your bee is incredible! Love your stencilled background! hugs :)

sandie said...

Amazing Julia, so much texture and the use of foil inspired. Thanks for joining us at atsm

Far North said...

wow, this is the first I seen the bee die cut. You really give it some buzz with the foil and all the media richness! Love the stenciled background too! Such a fun card!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is amazing.. awesome designing.. very clever

shirley-bee said...

Wow, Julia, this is stunning!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Amazing design! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

sannalippert said...

wow! such a great card!!! love it!

Loll said...

Wow ... amazing card. That bee is AWESOME! xx

Juliz Design Post said...

Wow Julia.......your bee is stunning. You have captured there beauty so well.
Julie x

Deepti said...

The bee is a show stopper :) Love the way u did the BG with sunburst and greens paired together :)

Jenny Marples said...

LOVE the stencilling with the bee Julia! Jenny x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Wowzers!!! That bee is amazing! Stunning creation! Thanks for playing with us at ATSM!

My Paper Epiphany said...

WOW,WOW, WOW! This is so amazing and so beautiful Julia!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW! That's one striking insect - not sure I'd like to be up close IRL but looks fabulous on your card.
Thanks for sharing and playing along at ATSM challenge

*Vicki* said...

Wow Julia, this is absolutely stunning!! You always come up with really unique designs!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

maria f. said...

get. outta. town. Is that, like, Iron Man 3.5 on your card? What a bumblebee! This is incredible. And then there's the rest of the card, right down to the sentiment. Fabulous, Julia.

Deborah Frings said...

Wow and wow again! This is absolutely stunning. I love the bee - so beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! This is stunning!!

The Colour Press said...

OMG Julia. that bee is STUNNIN!!!!

Unknown said...

WOWIE, Julia!! Just AMAZING!! The bee really freaks me out a bit, but it's GORGEOUS :) :) Love the stenciling and the colors-Love Everything!! XOXO-Shari

Deb said...

Julia, that is fabulous! Your bee is just amazing, love it!

Manuela said...

super card, what an eyecatcher!

Words and Pictures said...

What a fabulous card - the bee looks incredible (like Shari, I'm slightly freaked out!), and I love the sunshine background - fantastic!
Alison xx

Sue Lelli said...

OMG I LOVE the foil and your bee is just AMAZING, Julia!