Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Cool Dude's 4th Birthday

I wanted to make a special 4th birthday card for my Grandnephew James whose party is this weekend.  I always try to use photo's of them on the cards I make.  James and his family recently went to Disney and his favorite character this trip was Tinkerbell.  They snapped a great photo of Tinkerbell kissing James on the cheek (they took another cute one showing the lipstick mark left on his face!)  So I decided to use this photo for his birthday card this year.
The Cool Dude is from Free Spirit Sentiments from Waltzingmouse, the green label stamp is from Center Style:Masculine from PTI.  The frame die around the photo is Center Style:Masculine Die set from PTI.
I die cut the photo using a Stitched Mat Rectangle die from Lil Inker Designs.  The 4 stamp is from Free Spirit Sentiments, the 'th' and Birthday are from Retro Style Birthday from PTI.  The little metal fairy charm is from Funkie Junkie Boutique
I always like to personalize their cards with their names -  this time I put it on the inside - using Tim Holtz Label Letters.  The Happy Birthday is from Free Spirit Sentiments from Waltzingmouse.
I'm linking James' birthday card to:
 Less Is More Challenge -  Use some Metal.
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes
Happy Little Stamper - Die Cuts and Punches

I tried to return to work yesterday - but they sent me back home as I was still coughing - the NEVER ENDING bronchitis!!
Stamps:  Free Spirit Sentiments and Sweethearts - Waltzingmouse, Center Style: Masculine and Retro Style Birthday- PTI.
Paper:  White, Simply Chartreuse - PTI
Ink:  Simply Chartreuse - PTI, Archival Jet Black 
Accessories:  Stitched Mat Rectangle die - Lil Inker Designs, Center Style: Masculine Dies - PTI, circle punch - SU, foam tape, photo.

21 comments:

Georgiana said...

Such a great picture with Tinkerbell. I am sure he is going to love it!

~amy~ said...

What a sweet card, love the photo!

Pamellia said...

Well who doesn't love Tinkerbell I say!! What a stunning image Julia, I am loving this card!! hugs :)

Terry said...

What a sweet image and so perfect for the little one! Great card, Julia! Happy Birthday!!

S@ndy Diller said...

Just too cute for words, he will love this card. That photo is priceless!!

Redanne said...

Oh I just love that photo and how wonderful to include it on his card - it looks amazing. Hugs, Anne xx

Juliz Design Post said...

This is so sweet Julia and I love little Tinkerbell.
Julie x

Sharyn Polesel said...

What a cute idea for a card! I'm sure it is something he will keep for a very long time. Thanks for Joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Deepti said...

Sweet card and a great photo :)

Loll said...

What a special card you've created with this wonderful photo, which remind James of the wonderful time he had. :) So sweet Julia! Thanks for playing along at HLS. xx

Samra said...

What a great card Julia!!! I love the frame for the adorable picture and that metal fairy give it such a special touch! I am so sorry you are still fighting the bronchitis :( I hope you feel better soon!

Annette Allen said...

so cute..

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous personalization! These cards will be saved and remembered many years from now. Such a fun photo too!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous personalization! These cards will be saved and remembered many years from now. Such a fun photo too!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Beautiful card and so personalised too.
Great use of metal and thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Chrissie said...

What a great meomento, with a super metal element!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Neets B said...

Such a lovely keepsake card. Love the frame die cut around the photo and of course, the charm is perfect for your photo.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Christie said...

Such a cute card! I love the little fairy charm. James will be thrilled. I hope you feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Darling card for your Cool Dude, Julia!! Tinkerbell was my favorite Disney character as a child, so for your grandnephew to receive a kiss from her--very luck young man :) :) I hope he cherishes this card for his entire life :) :) XOXO-Shari

Deb said...

Awww, that is so sweet Julia! What a great card, it will bring back wonderful memories for him ☺ Happy 4th birthday James!

Anne said...

Fab card with wonderful memory on it!
Thanks so much for joining us
Anne
Less is More