Thursday, May 8, 2014

Fusion Card Challenge - May 8th

It's Thursday and time for another great FUSION card Challenge!  Look at this wonderful floral photo we have this week -  AND the lovely sketch too!  As always - we can use the photo and/or the sketch for inspiration.
This week I was inspired by the wonderful contrasts of the bright yellow and black blooms - and the twigs in the bouquet. 
I wound some brown twine around the blooms to suggest the look of the twigs. The flowers and leaves are cut from felt using Funky Flowers Dies from Waltzingmouse.   I put home made enamel dots in the centers made by melting Perler Beads. (see tutorial here)
The background panel die cut with a stitched mat rectangle die from Lil' Inker Designs, is stamped with Pinstripe backgrounder stamp and the lovely sentiment is from Vintage Garden Seed Packet - both from Waltzingmouse.  I adhered a piece of Washi tape behind the sentiment strip.
I love the dimension that the looped twine gives to the card - while still being flat for mailing!
So what inspires you from this week's Fusion Challenge??  I can't wait to see your creation linked up over at the Fusion Card Challenge Blog!  You have just about two weeks to link up!
PROCEDURES:
1. Play with just the sketch challenge.
2. Play with just the inspiration photo challenge.
3. Or you can create FUSION by combining BOTH challenges into one card.
4. Use the challenge graphic and link back to Fusion in your post.
5. Please read the other considerations on the Our Rules Page before playing along.

Please check out the rest of the Design Team linked below for some wonderful inspiration!


Sindhu
Stephanie Severin

I'm also entering this in this week's Seize the Birthday challenge (use flowers)

Stamps:   Pinstripe Background, Vintage Garden Seed Packet - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Archival Garden Gate
Accessories:  Stitched Mat Rectangle Die - Lil' Inker Designs, Funky Flower Dies - Waltzingmouse, Die-namic Sentiment Strips - MFT, enamel dies - home made from Perler beads, washi tape - Darice, Glue N Seal - Ranger, brown twine, Orange, Black and Sandstone Felt - Michaels.

20 comments:

Annette Allen said...

what a gorgeous card.. I love those felt flowers..

~amy~ said...

Julia, I super LOVE those felt blooms!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

loving all the texture girl!!!

Unknown said...

I love those felt flowers so much! Such great card :)

Deepti said...

Felt flowers and pinstripes what could be a better combo, I absolutely adore this card :)

toni said...

Hi Julie, just been having a scroll through your blog! Love the diversity of your projects! This flower card is gorgeous . Love the felt flowers and fresh vibrant colours x

Lynn said...

I love the gorgeous felt flowers with the touch of twine behind them. Fabulous Julia.

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a fantastic, floral creation. The combination of flowers, colors and papers are terrific. Great design and texture.

Shirley said...

What a great card and your flowers are out of sight wonderful! I have not really cared for felt flowers on cards until I saw how you use them! Lovely!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Julia! The trio of felt flowers looks fantastic! Hope you have a Happy Mother's Day!

Cathy Weber said...

I had a tough time not making a card with felt this time...after seeing your card in our gallery I wanted to pull out all my felt and get cranking. This is so pretty Julia...such great texture!

downrightcrafty said...

Julia this is so beautiful so much texture oh and do open the etching box, it is so much easier than we imagine
hugs Kate xx

Betty Wright said...

This is beautiful! Love the layered felt flowers. Must give this fusion challenge a try.

Tracey McNeely said...

Absolutely gorgeous Julia, love the felt flowers!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Julia. LOVE this color combo ... and love your beautiful and bold flowers. The loopy twine is a perfect embellishment! Loll xx

Darnell said...

Stunning inspiration card for the new Fusion challenge, Julia! I love your design and all the movement you have created!! Happy Mother's Day!! Hugs, Darnell

wienerhoneymooners said...

Amazing, love the fluffy textures, I JUST love more texture like this...I need to do more texture, so inspiring!!!

Thanks so much for my birthday card, I posted it on my blog a few days ago!!! Was so happy! Thanks again Julia!!!!

OttawaMom said...

Lovely blooms and I love the added twine! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

Janet's Joy said...

Beautiful card!! I love those felt flowers and the addition of the twine.
So glad you joined us at Seize the Birthday!!

Georgie Horn said...

love this card, sunflowers are so sunny!