Saturday, July 27, 2013

Three for the Dirty Dare

Saturday started a full week of Dare to Get Dirty challenges over at Split Coast -  you have to be a member of the Fan Club to see and participate in the challenges so I can't tell you why I made the following cards (!) but I can tell you how I made them!  There will be at least 5 challenges a day all week - so I don't think I'll be doing them all - but here are 3 of the 5 that I've done so far.

For this pretty little 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" Thank You card I used stamps from Waltzingmouse -  the flower, leaves and sentiment are from Camellia and the gingham stamp is from Gingham and Co.  The bloom is popped up on foam dots and I added 2 dew drops

My next card is, oddly enough, a Halloween Card!   I was initially going to make a lovely summer flower - but when I decided to use the Tattered flower die by Tim Holtz I felt I had to make it more grunge - and then chose some cool Halloween papers for the flower and the background.  So here it is!  The sentiment is from the Hocus Pocus set by Waltzingmouse.
And for my last card today -  I have a 5" x 5" wedding card.  I embossed the panel with a Sizzix Clock Works embossing folder and layered a glitter gold die cut clock face using the Tim Holtz Alterations weathered clock die.  The sentiment is from Cornish Heritage Farms.
 

Hope to see you Monday night at the Waltzingmouse Blog for the Pajama Party event!

Thanks Card
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Camellia and Gingham & Company
Paper: white - PTI
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Salty Ocean, Picked Raspberry, Peeled Paint
Accessories: foam dots, camellia cut files - Waltzingmouse, dew drops. 

Happy Haunting
Stamps: Hocus Pocus - Waltzingmouse
Paper: rustic white - PTI, DP - Authentique/Enchanted
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: foam tape, rhinestones - Kaiser, tattered flower die - Tim Holtz Alterations 

Forever Begins Now Card
Stamps: Wedding Centers set - Cornish Heritage Farms (retired)
Paper: vintage Cream - PTI, glitter gold - Michaels
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: glue pen, foam dots, weathered clock die - Tim Holtz Alterations, flower brad - Making Memories, clock works embossing folder - Provo Craft

9 comments:

Pauline said...

They are all so lovely Julai, my favourite is the clock face, such a wonderful idea for a wedding!

Joan Ervin said...

I sooo love all your cards, Julia!!!! Looks like you had a fun day of stamping....I am sooo bummed that I didn't get to stamp today. Hopefully, I can do some of the DTGD challenges this week!!!!

Loll said...

Three fabulous cards Julia. Just saw the challenges last night and hope to participate. Great job getting three done in one day ... I'll be lucky to get just one :) Loll xx

*Vicki* said...

WOW WOW WOW!! These are ALL just amazing designs Julia! I love the flower in the middle! The sparkle clock is awesome too! TFS! :)

lostinpaper said...

All your cards are wonderful, how cool is that halloween flower!

Ellen Taylor said...

OMGosh Julia! All three are fabulous but I am lovin that glittery clock!

dpkennedy said...

Very pretty collection...my favorite is the Halloween card! I love that harlequin paper!

Mary Marsh said...

3 beautiful cards for the dtgd challenges Julia

Pat (mspfd) said...

Exceptional cards. Love your gorgeous flowers and the clock is a brilliant desig.