Friday, July 19, 2013

Thinking of You as Still the 1

Happy weekend everyone!  I have two cards to share today -  first up is a card I made using this weeks' Cas(e) this Sketch
I used some pretty ribbon flowers from Craftpon.com and I die cut my sentiment from Waltzingmouse with a Sentiment Strip from MFT.
 
My next card was made for the Cas-ual Friday's challenge - to use a number or numbers on your creation.
I used a cute little dart board from Stampcow - framed by an embossed Nestability Circle as my focal point.  The dart board is surrounded by numbers. 
 I used a die cut arrow from MFT for my sentiment 'You're Still the One' from Verve.
With yet another vacation day in the 90's with high humidity - Kent and I went to the mall for a late lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings and then went to the movies and saw Red 2.   We had just watched Red on Pay Per View and we  loved both movies - have you seen them?  They are really funny amongst all of the gun shooting and car crashes!

Thinking of You:
Stamps:  Country Labels 14 - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories:  ribbon flowers - Craftpon.com Etsy Shop, glue dots, foam dots, Sentiment Strips Dienamics - MFT

You're Still the One
Stamps:  dart board - Stampcow.com Etsy Shop, Feeling Groovy stamp set - Verve

Paper:  white - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Picked Raspberry
Accessories:  Circle Nestabilities, foam dots, Tiny Twinkles - Taylored Expressions, Arrow Die - MFT

10 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun card Julia! Love how you created the embossed design!

Kelly Griglione said...

How fun to use flower embellies for the sketch on your first card. AND, so in love with your dartboard. What a neat stamp! Your arrow and sentiment compliment it well. Thanks so much for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

lostinpaper said...

Your cards are wonderful, I especially adore those sweet flowers!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic cards! I love the bold blooms in the first one, and the right to the message statement in the second, plus the perfect stamping! Thanks so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Ellen Taylor said...

Most fabulous cards as always Julia!! Love the color contrasts! Have a great weekend!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

What a fantastic case! The flowers are darling and yet, practically a hexagon shape themselves! You are so clever! Hugs!

Pauline said...

Two fab cards JUlia, a great CAS design on both!

Dianne said...

I love how you used flowers in that sketch, great idea, brilliant make with the second card plain, beautiful and to the point, great work Miss Julia, thanks for sharing..

Pamela said...

What a beautifully CAS card with lots and lots of white spaces!! I love the pop of pink! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Jocelyn Olson said...

That is such a clever card with the dartboard. I love the arrow die-cut. The flowers on the first card are super pretty. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!