Thursday, July 11, 2013

Neon Birthday

I made this bright little birthday card for this weeks Cas-ology challenge - cue card NEON
I think this fits the bill - don't you?!   You almost need to put your sunglasses on to look at it!  I had this wonderful neon sticky back paper in orange and yellow.   My father was an artist and this paper was in the folder of papers that I have from him.

I adhered a square of the neon orange onto the white card base.  I die cut a square of the neon yellow with the small circle burst die from Memory Box and layered it over the orange.  Then I just stamped the sentiment from Woot Woot by Cas-ual Fridays Stamps in the center of the circle.

Kent and I are on vacation next week -  we're planning day trips to Newburyport, MA, visiting a cousin in Eaton Center, New Hampshire - catching some movies at the theater (The Lone Ranger is 1st on the list!) and going on bike rides and I'm sure I'll get a little extra stamping in as well - can't wait!

Stamps:  Casual Fridays Stamps - Woot Woot.
Paper:  White - PTI, neon paper - Fasson Crack N Peel Plus
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories:  small circle burst die - Memory Box,

11 comments:

Loll said...

Hi Julia. LOVE the bright sunny orange and yellow. Such a fun and happy card! Loll xx

Pat (mspfd) said...

Julia, this is so creative and fun... What a great design!

Have a fabulous 'stay at home' vacation. I think they are my favorite with no packing, eating out and doing all the fun things we don't always make time for.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely design with the BOLD focal image die! Love this!

Thanks so much for your comments on the Firefly card, and thanks for joining in the FUN at CASology!

Crystal said...

Eeeeek Julia this is so fantastic, what an awesome design gf...love it

Meghan said...

Perfect take on the cue card this week Julia! I love how you have used this die! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

Ardyth said...

Great simple use of that day - it really lets the colours speak for themselves! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Darnell said...

Oh, YES, Julia, this more than fits the bill for a fantastic neon card!! Enjoy your vacay!!

Rosemary said...

fabulous take on the cue word... the bold die cut image is so cool! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

Jen W. said...

A gorgeous clean, crisp and graphic card. Love it, Julia! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

shirley-bee said...

Wow, love this bright card!

Kirsten Corby said...

Julia, thanks for the nice comment on my neon challenge card. Good luck with the challenge.