Friday, September 24, 2010

You Make the Grade

Happy Friday dear friends!! Isn't it great to have the weekend ahead of us?!
I'm so excited to finally be using my MFT Pure Innocence school girl. I have 5 different Pure Innocence stamps and this is the first one I've inked up! - what's with that??!!

I made my card today for 2 challenges - the Free 4 All Friday over at Split Coast that was to use scallops and the Shabby Tearoom challenge where we were to be inspired by this picture.


I paper pieced my little school girl's outfit and embossed the blackboard sentiment with white embossing powder. I colored the rest of the image with Copics. My flower is cut with a PTI flower die and I used a Labels 3 Nestability to cut the image. Everything is sponged with Ranger Distress Tea Dye ink.

Tomorrow Kent and I are going on a boat cruise on the Essex River with the Adult Fellowship Group at my church. It's supposed to be in the 80's and sunny so it should be a wonderful day on the water! Then we're all going to Woodman's, a locally famous seafood restaurant for supper - should I get fried clams or boiled lobster?!?!? or maybe scallops...... baked scrod....... fried shrimp.....????? There's nothing better than fresh seafood from New England! Yum!

I'll be back tomorrow with my Saturday Waltzingmouse Sketch card - hope to see you then!

Stamps: My Favorite Things - Pure Innocence - You Make the Grade.

Paper: Bazzil Irish Eyes, Ocean Tides - PTI, DP Cosmo Cricket/Girl Friday, October Afternoon/Thrift Shop-Still in the Box.

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Tea Dye

Accessories: distresser, flower die - PTI, foam dimensionals, glue dots, hot gun, white embossing powder, spiral punch & scallop punch - SU, adhesive paper ribbon - K& Company, Labels 3 Nestabilities, Ink applicator - Inkssentials Ranger, brad, basic grey, Copics: B45, E19, E33, E35, E34, YR21, E51, 100, circle punch.

15 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

I love the pure innocence stamps-I have some and dont use them either-butI love your sweet card-you captured the inspiration photo well-have fun tomorrow-I love seafood-if I were there my choice would be the lobster

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Julia! Your card is just darling and I'm drooling over the menu suggestions for tomorrow! LOL

Enjoy your day!

Crystal said...

Julia this is SOOOOOO SWEET I just love this darling image!! What a GREAT card!! Have a fabulous weekend!

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a precious card, Julia. Super cute image and wonderful details. You really put your punches and dies to good use making this adorable creation.

Alice said...

this is adorable, Julia! love her pieced outfit!

Pattie said...

Super cute and I love how you paper-pieced her little dress! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room!

Lisa said...

Oh I can't tell you how much I adore you card! Those little girls are my FAVORITE images and I love how you paper pieced the dress! I also really love your color scheme and the wonderful layers! Thank so much for playing along in the Tea Room this week!

Peggy said...

Absolutely ADORABLE! Aren't the PI stamps so much fun?!

Debbie said...

Julia ... this is A-DORABLE! I {heart} those sweet little PI girlies!!! Thanks for sharing your design with us this week in the Tea Room :)

Monique said...

Ack!! So Adorable.. Love her paper pieced dressed and all the sponging... Perfect score Julia :),,, Hugs

PapierGirl said...

Absolutely adorable and perfect for the challenge - love the paper pieced dress! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Bonnie McLain said...

Great card Julia for this challenge... love it in all ways... great color combinations, great theme for the picture... and perfect stamp choice... LOVE IT ALL.

Cindy said...

Congratulations on your top 3 win! Your card is adorable.

Unknown said...

Julie, this is totally gorgeous! You've GOT to ink up all your PI's. Can't wait to see what you do next!


Congratulations, your card is being featured on the MFT Blog today as part of Our Favorite Finds!

Anonymous said...

I see this card got picked on MFT Fave Finds...I love it!! I just wanted to come over and tell you that!! It might be my fave...ssshhh, dont' tell the others!!! teehee