Saturday, June 19, 2010

Speedy the Cats' Friends Challenge #8 Embossing

Welcome to Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge! This Saturday the challenge is to use embossing on your card.


These great cowboy stamps are from a set called Southwest Cowboy that will be released in July by Marks Finest Papers.

I black embossed the cowboy, row of cactus and sentiment on a panel cut with a square Nestability. The copper color paper is a wonderful metallic paper from MFP - I'm afraid you cannot appreciate the shine in the photo. I sponged the textured cream cardstock (also MFP!) with Ranger Tea Dye ink to give it that dusty desert feel!!

Here's what I stamped on the inside of my card. I just love the barbed wire! What a great set for those masculine cards we all need from time to time!

We'd love to have you join us in this embossing challenge - jump on over to Marks Finest Papers Blog and link your embossed card there. You could win a free stamp set!!

If you load your card on Split Coast please use Speedy's Friends in your keywords.
Stamps: Marks Finest Papers: Southwest Cowboy (being released July 1)
Paper: Marks Finest Papers - crisp copper kettle paper,
Ink: Versamark, Ranger Distress Ink - Tea Dye
Accessories: black embossing powder, hot gun, square nestabilities, cuttlebug, sponge, foam dimensionals, hot gun, fancy tags shapeabilities (with curly ends cut off)

7 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

wow what a great masculine card-love the new image-hope to be ble to play in the challenge

Vicki Dutcher said...

Julia - excellent card! I love the distress ink - its so....cowboy! LOL

Joanne Travis said...

I love this!! It looks like real suede and I want to touch it. A fabulous guy card, you did an excellent job with this set, Julia.

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Gotta love these cards!!! WWO!

Liz Williams said...

What a fabulous masculine card!! And I'm from Texas!!! We all like to think we are cowboys at heart!!LOL Love that textured cardstock. That'll be on my next order!!

Claudine Poch said...

Wonderful cowboy card! Great colors.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Go the COWBOY Silhouette... looks great!