Monday, June 12, 2017

Green Lattice Birthday

I used several techniques on today's birthday card.
First, I laid my Tim Holtz Latticework Stencil over a panel of Arches Watercolor paper.  Then I sprinkled over the stencil with Leaf Green Brusho powder.  I spritzed water over the stencil and the Brusho exploded into this wonderful mix of green colors!

I dried the panel with my heat tool and added gold tape along the top and bottom.  I black embossed the happy and die cut the birthday out of white card.  I added 3 red rhinestones and adhered the panel to a white card base.

I'm linking my card to the following challenges:



 (inspired by the dish and colors)
 We're in a heat wave - so I'm going to go sit by the fan now!
(no, we didn't put our window air conditioners in yet)


Stamps:  Studio Calico - Limited Edition
Paper:  Arches Watercolor, White - PTI
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Wonderful Words Birthday Die - PTI, gold tape - From the Make it Market Letterpress kit -  PTI, Latticework Stencil - Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous, Leaf Green Brusho, red rhinestones - Michaels.

14 comments:

sarascloset said...

Oh, my goodness, Julia! Your watercolor card is gorgeous! Love the green stenciled background, and those gorgeous pops of white, black and red! I can't believe you can go through that heat without an air conditioner! It's hard to believe that we did not have A/C when I lived up north, because we got some pretty hot days! Try to stay cool! Sending hugs and A/C!

Esther Asbury said...

I've really been into using stencil of late, and love your awesome background! What a great card!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Whoa, Julia! That is beautiful - and you did that with a stencil? I'm amazed at how crisp the edges are and how vibrant the greens! Excellent card!!

Happy Dance said...

That stencil really captures the upper right hand corner of that photo inspiration, as well as the color palette. Those red rhinestones really add just the right touch too. What a great card!! Bev

Bonnie said...

This is my favorite Brusho green, Julia! It's so perfect with this stencil! Love the fresh summer feel of this card!

Brenda Brown said...

Really pretty card Julia with wonderful depth of colour xxx

Redanne said...

Wow Julia, you made wonderful use of the Brushos, it is such a beautiful vibrant colour against the white. That was so brave of you to use the heat tool in such hot weather... the things we do for our craft! Hugs, Anne xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

I just love the BRIGHT in-your-face that Color Bursts gives off! Your background is gorgeous~ Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Kim Heggins said...

Love all that gorgeous green...breath taking!

Loll said...

Love how the brushos just exploded on your card ... really beautiful, Julia!! xx

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Great use of the colors and love all the techniques Julia! Love that you joined us at THD😊.

jen said...

What a fabulous use if the brushos and stencil!! I love the outcome! Thanks for joining us at The Heart Desires challenge!

~amy~ said...

So beautiful...LOVE that background...wow! Thanks for joining us at The Heart Desires!

tonyamaries said...

LOVE this! Great job! Thanks for joining us at The Heart Desires!