Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Happy Birthday Old Bean

This is my second card created to show how you can use Eileen Hull's dies on a card design - you don't always have to make a 3D item!  (see last week's post if you missed my first card!)
This week I used Eileen's Mug and Spoon die as well as her Basket Weave Embossing Folder along with some pretty fall patterned papers!
I placed the patterned paper on the die so the pattern would be along the side and bottom - aren't the florals pretty!?  I also cut the mug out of kraft card and glued the patterned paper over it to give the mug some sturdiness.  I embossed a piece of Tropical Teal card stock with the basket weave folder and then sponged over it with Ranger Distress Ground Espresso ink and adhered it to the bottom third of the panel.
I adhered another piece of patterned paper on the top half - then adhered the mug over the panel using thick foam dots down the center of the mug and thinner foam dots on the side and handle so the mug is a little curved off the panel.  You can see how I sponged the ink thicker over the top to create a rim on the mug.  I added 3 rhinestones onto the mug.
I stamped the sentiment right on the mug.  I think this design makes a great fall birthday card for a coffee lover!  
 Please check out Eileen's blog to see other examples of using her fun dies to create cards!

I'm also linking my card to:
Anything but Cute - An Autumn Day

Stamps:  Coffee - Gina K Designs.
Paper:  Rustic Cream, Tropical Teal, Kraft - PTI, Bo Bunny Forever Fall Collection.
Ink:  Ranger Distress Ground Espresso, True Black - PTI
Accessories:  Mug and Spoon Die - Eileen Hull/Sizzix, Basket Weave Embossing Folder - Eileen Hull Sizzix, rhinestones - Kaiser Craft, thick foam dots, thin foam dots.

15 comments:

Marybeth said...

That cup is amazing with the scene on it Julia! Gorgeous fall colors and I like your new blog photo!

Redanne said...

This is a beautiful mug Julia, I love the way you lined up the papers and created the rim around the top, it looks very effective. I especially love the sentiment!

Whilst I am here, thanks so much for joining in our 'An Autumn Day' challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugs, Anne xx

Loll said...

Awesome design. Love the richness of the colours you've used Julia --- really beautiful! xx

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous autumnal colours and great design, love this Julia xxx

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Great card! I love coffee, and am quickly becoming an "old bean" so this could be for me! LOL Thanks for the inspiration, Julia!

Melissa L. said...

This is gorgeous, Julia. Beautiful use of the papers. Great design. I like it a lot! Thanks for playing along at HLS Mixed Media Challenge.

Pawsitively Creative said...

Beautiful mug and something that I would buy if it were a real mug. The colors are a stunning combo and so fun! Awesome sauce design and details! Wowzers! ~Niki

~amy~ said...

Julia, this is awesome! Lovin' that big 'ole mug!

Vintagehandmade said...

Oooh, I adore your color combo and your mug is awesome, Julia! Such a fun and beautiful design!
I absolutely love it! Thank you so much for joining in our 'An Autumn Day' challenge at Anything But Cute! Branka DT x

Deb said...

Wonderful Julia, love the patterned paper on the coffee cup and your gorgeous fall palette, thank you for sharing it! Deb xo

sarascloset said...

Julia, this is a lovely fall color combination--so rich! I love your fun design, and it is perfect for a coffee lover like me! Thank you for sharing this in our An Autumn Day Challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...what an amazing card...love your gorgeous coffee mug, so beautiful.

eileen hull said...

Julia, these fall colors are simply perfect- you make awesomet cards my friend!

SewPaperPaint said...

I love this beautiful paper and your card design. We are so thankful that you shared with us at Anything But Cute. Hugs, Autumn

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the colour scheme!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!