Sunday, September 18, 2016

Ghoulish Greetings!

I resigned from the Fusion Card Challenge Design Team last spring - but I still love the challenges!  And the first challenge of the season was this month, with a fun new graphic design.
 At first I thought I was going to make a wedding card - based on the inspiration photo - but then I realized I needed to get cracking on making a lot of Halloween Cards to sell at our Church Fair in October (Is September really more than half over already??!!)- so this is what I was inspired to make instead!
I found this fun rub n by K and Company in my 'Halloween' drawer and thought it was perfect for the inspiration!   I sponged Green Parakeet ink from PTI over a white panel - and then added the rub on.  
Not sure you can see it -  but there are gray stars and moon in the sky and orange faces on the pumpkins and orange writing on the gravestones!
So - I've got one Halloween card made!

Here's the  link to the Fusion Challenge
Also linking to:
House of Cards -  use a bird 
(there are birds and an Owl in the tree)
 
Stamps:  Goulish Greetings - A Muse
Paper:  White, Green Parakeet, True Black - PTI
Ink:  Green Parakeet - PTI, Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  Raven and Spider Rub Ons - K and Company, dew drops, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive.


14 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, Julia, this is so fabulous! It made me smile with delight! :-)

Karren said...

Wow this is gorgeous, Julia! That lime and black is so striking! Great to see you at Fusion.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Yikes, I couldn't imagine that color as wedding colors! It's perfect, however, for Halloween and your card looks wicked!
Hugs!

Redanne said...

Such a fun and ghoulish card Julia, that was a great rub on you had in your stash and I love the ghostly moon and stars and the green in the background is just perfect! Hugs, Anne xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Julia!!

Brenda Brown said...

I love to see how inspiration graphics are interpreted Julia and this is such a fun take. Great card and good luck with the makes for your sale xxx

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a fun Halloween card! I love the little bits of orange yu dded!! I can't see a wedding cake in this color, but the holiday card you made sure works for me!! Hugs, mf.

Linda Callahan said...

DelIsn't fully spooky! Such a fun card! Glad you joined us at Fusion!

Jeanne J. said...

Oh Julia! I love this! The goulish green and the fabulous silhouette scene - perfect clean card! I want these stamps now too!

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic card Julia! What a fun and spooktacular scene that you created!

Rocky said...

Great Halloween card, love the green as it goes so well with the spooky image, complete with birds. Thank you for joining us at HOC.

Brenda Brown said...

Thanks so much for sharing this on my Give Away post and good luck. xxx

craftysahmiam said...

Thank you for sharing your ghoulish green bird card with us at House of Cards.

sarascloset said...

Great Halloween card, Julia! Love that star filled background! What a Halloween find in your drawer--lucky you! Good luck with your sale; These cards will fly off the shelf! Hugs!