Thursday, March 31, 2016

Fusion March 31 - Orchid Occasions

Spring is here - hopefully weather wise as well - and it's time for a lovely new Fusion Card Challenge.
I was inspired by the blues and the sketch this week.
First I did a watercolor wash over the watercolor paper panel.  I die cut the oval out of matboard, inking it by rubbing my Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink pad over it.  Then I flicked water onto it and dried it with my heat tool.  I die cut the butterflies also out of mat board and used Tim Holtz' Eroded Metallic Technique on them shown on this post.

So show us what inspires you with this weeks Fusion Challenge!   Link your cards up here.
You will find all of the Design Team cards there too - they are also linked below.
Julia Aston - me!
Stephanie Severin

as well as our March guest designer!
Kate Lorenzi

Stamps:  Everlasting Life - Verve
Paper:  Water Color Paper - Ranger, Mat Board - Sizzix, True Black - PTI, DP Fine and Sunny Paper Pad - Kaiser Craft.
Ink:  True Black - PTI, Ranger Distress Mermaid Lagoon
Accessories:  Die - Small Oval/Alterations, Small Butterfly - Movers and Shapers - Sizzix/Tim Holtz, sequins - Waltzingmouse, blue watercolor paint, paint brush, water.

8 comments:

Samra said...

Gorgeous and so inspirational!!! Wonderful take on the challenge sketch Julia!
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

sandie said...

Great card Julia, love the eroded technique, haven't looked up how to do it but looks amazing x

Redanne said...

This is such a lovely card Julia, I just love the beautiful subtle watercolour wash in the background, it really makes the focal point stand out wonderfully well! Hugs, Anne xx

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Julia! I love the background, so pretty. Lovely take on the sketch, butterflies are always a welcome addition to any card! hugs :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

super pretty Julia!

Lynn said...

I love how you stamped the sentiment on the patterned paper...the trio of butterflies is perfect.

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is so pretty, Julia! I love how all the focus is on the butterflies!
Take care!
Michele

Karren said...

Beautiful card, Julia! The soft watercolor wash is the perfect backdrop for those gorgeous butterflies.