Thursday, November 26, 2015

Fusion Challenge - Nov 26th - Blue Christmas

Goodness, the weeks are just flying by aren't they?!  Here in the US, we are celebrating Thanksgiving today and there's a new Fusion Challenge posted - a lovely photo inspiration of a blue Christmas tree, or perhaps you'll focus on the white dog on a blue pillow -  or pretty wrapped boxes - or a white chair - OR you may just create using the lovely lacey sketch?!
As soon as I saw the tree -  I knew what stamp I wanted to use -  this lovely tree from the Scandi Doodle Christmas set by Waltzingmouse.  
I white embossed the tree on a piece of white cardstock.  Then I sponged heavily over the whole panel with Ranger Distress Mermaid Lagoon ink.  I stamped the Merry Christmas from Nutcracker Sweet set, also by Waltzingmouse - on a die cut Sentiment Strip by MFT - using the same Mermaid Lagoon Ink.  I layered the sentiment over the tree with foam dots and added 3 clear rhinestones for a little shimmer!

See all the lovely shapes drawn into this beautiful tree?  Deer, birds, hearts and flowers - SO pretty!
How will this fortnights Fusion Challenge inspire you?   I can't wait to see what you link up over at the Fusion Blog.  You  have almost two weeks to make your inspired card!
Here are the links to the talented Fusion Design Team - you'll also find all our cards over at the Fusion Blog.
Julia Aston - me!


Stephanie Severin

I'm also linking my card to:
Merry Monday Challenge - Blue and White with Texture

 
Wishing all those celebrating today -
 a very Happy Thanksgiving
I am so thankful for everything God has blessed me with in my life, my family, and all of you - my wonderful stamping/blogging friends!


Stamps:  Scandi Doodle Christmas and Nutcracker Sweet - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Mermaid Lagoon, Versamark
Accessories:  white embossing powder, heat tool, Sentiment Strips dies - MFT, clear rhinestones - Michaels.

13 comments:

Lynn said...

Beautiful. Love the detail on your stamping!

Lee-Anne said...

Love the tree image, Julia...simply stunning as you've used it! Happy Thanksgiving!

OH Babs said...

What a lovely tree and a beautiful shade of blue. Happy Turkey Day!

sandie said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! This tree is wonderful and you really have made all the shapes shine by embossing it and sponging like this, genius idea x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Gorgeous!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Theresa's Studio said...

Great card! Love the stamp.

Karren said...

That tree stamp is just gorgeous and I love the blue sponging around and over it - it really makes the tree pop! Fabulous CAS card, Julia!

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely fabulous! I love the tree and your sponging is amazing! Perfectly elegant, perfectly CAS!

Kristie Goulet said...

That tree image is just gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

What a pretty and detailed tree for your stamped image! Thanks for playing Merry Monday!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

simply stunning!

maria f. said...

Just beautiful.

Jutta said...

Gorgeous tree, and such a striking blue background on your lovely card. Thanks also for stopping by my blog as it led me here. :)