Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy 4th! Tim's Tag - July 2015

Tim's July Tag perfectly coincides with the United States celebration of July 4th - our independence day.  So today I share my version of Tim's tag
and also wish all my fellow US Citizens - a Happy 4th of July!
You will find Tim's tag and his detailed instructions here.
I used the same stamps - but have the large set, Americana Blueprint,  not the smaller version - so I decided to use the Statue of Liberty and the USA stamps.
I used the larger 7 3/8" x 3 5/8" manilla tag in order to fit the larger stamps.  I used a piece of Paper Stash Motif for the background.  These papers each have a clear design on them - I used the one with circles, and sponged over the paper with Distress Vintage Photo to allow the circles to show.  I colored the U with Fired Brick Distress Marker and A with Faded Jeans - going over them with a waterbrush.   For the background I rubbed Iced Spruce on my craft mat and used my waterbrush to 'paint' around the letters for a subtle shadow.    I colored the ribbon with Distress Markers and my water spritzer the way Tim did.  I added Mirrored Stars to my tab as well as some Remnant Rubs from Botanical and Numbers.
I colored Miss Liberty with Bundled Sage and Broken China Distress Markers to give it the weathered patina that the actual statue has - going over the coloring with a waterbrush
  I rubbed Salty Ocean Distress Ink on my craft mat and waterbrushed the color around the statue.  I added the Vial Label with a Big Chat sticker and Remnant Rubs, and added two more Mirrored Stars
I'm sure you noticed my sweet patriotic trees -  Tim showed us how to make them on his post here.  As soon as I saw them I knew I had to make some!   They are SO easy to make!  I used Salty Ocean and Barn Door Distress Spray Stains, blocking off the white part on the Woodlands Trees with painters tape.  
LOVE, LOVE how they came out!!
 The technique for coloring the Letterpress Blocks is also on Tim's Patriotic Post.  Basically, you dab some Distress Paints onto your craft mat - then dip the letters into them - let them dry then sand off the color until it looks like you want it, and then glue the letters together.  I added a Mirrored Star to mine.
Happy 4th of July everyone!!

Tag:
Stamps:  Americana Blueprint - Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous
Paper:  Manilla tag and Paper Stash Motif - Ranger, watercolor cardstock.
Ink:  Archival Jet Black, Ranger Distress Vintage Photo, Salty Ocean and Iced Spruce
Accessories:  Ranger Distress Markers Bundled Sage, Broken China, Faded Jeans, Fired Brick; Idea-ology Vial Labels, Remnant Rubs Botanical and Numbers, Crinkle Ribbon, Mirrored Stars, sewing machine.

Patriotic Trees
Accessories:  Woodlands Tree Lot - Ranger, Ranger Distress Spray Stains Salty Ocean and Barn Door, blue painters tape.

USA  
Accessories:  Letterpress Blocks and Mirrored Star - Idea-ology, Ranger Distress Paints - Picket Fence, Chipped Sapphire, Fired Brick; sandpaper, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive,
 

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

Really cool tag and letter block, Julia! Thanks for linking up Tim's post as I hadn't seen it! Love your tree!
Happy 4th!!

Samra said...

What a great take on Tim's tag Julia!!! Love it!!! Great choice of sentiment!! I know I am (grateful) the THE USA :)
Gorgeous patriotic decorations too :)
Have a happy and safe 4th of July!!!

Deepti said...

Way to rock the 4th of July theme, Love these tags :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful patriotic projects Julia! Hope you have a fun, safe and Happy 4th of July celebration!

~amy~ said...

FABulous tag Julia!

Redanne said...

I love your projects Julia! Your tag is wonderful and the trees are just brilliant. Hope you are having a great 4th July.... Hugs, Anne xx

Lagene said...

Awesome tag!

Unknown said...

Look at you go, Julia!! You've already got your July Tim tag done!! Hooray for you!! It's just fabulous!! Good Luck!! XOXO-Shari

SewPaperPaint said...

This turned out great, love the stamps!

Audrey Pettit said...

Really lovely take on the July tag, and love all your patriotic projects!~

Deb said...

Wonderful interpretation of Tim's July tag Julia and love those trees!