Monday, June 15, 2015

LOVE will keep us together

I had some crafting time this past weekend - and was able to make several cards that I'll be posting this week.  
Here's one for today - Kent and I will be celebrating our 18th anniversary on June 21 (first day of summer - and can I just say, the day of our wedding must have been 100 degrees with no airconditioning in the church - where we also had our small reception!) - I always make my card for him (of course!) and I knew I had to get going on this years as it's coming up fast!  (and I know you are all now singing that song - well the older ones amongst us anyway!)
I used the LOVE die and a stamp set from PTI - both called Wonderful Words: Love.  I decided to go with greens/blues to keep it more masculine for dear hubby.  I made the LOVE thicker by cutting it 4 times out of white and once out of Tropical Teal - then glued them all together.  Here's a side view so you can see the thickness.
And just 'cause some people like to know -  here's what I stamped on the inside - stamps from Hero Arts and Lil' Inker Designs.
My card was inspired by two challenges:
Just Us Girls - Stacked Die Cuts
Stamps:  Wonderful Words: Love - PTI, inside card - Happy Anniversary from Hero Arts, It Feels like Just Yesterday from It's Today, Right? from Lil'Inker Designs.
Paper:  White, Tropical Teal, Text Style/Green Boutique - PTI
Ink:  Tropical Teal - PTI
Accessories:  square punch - Creative Memories,  Wonderful Words - Love die - PTI, Scotch Quick Dry adhesive.

19 comments:

LeAnne said...

I LOVE this...so many things about it are awesome! One of my favorite sketches, the layered sentiment, the colors...I even like that song! CUTE! Congrats on your upcoming anniversary, too!

Marybeth said...

Happy Anniversary ...in a few minutes! Oh my gosh that must have been so hot and no air......!
Beautiful card with the fun word die.....love the sketch!

Pamellia said...

So pretty Julia! Those four patchwork panels make such a great backdrop for your stacked sentiment! What a wonderful colour too! Happy Anniversary! hugs :)

Deepti said...

Love the layered sentiment and all those patterns :)

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!

Leigh Penner said...

So pretty! Great take on the sketch!

Redanne said...

The 'love' is beautiful and sits wonderfully on those gorgeous mats. A really lovely card! Hugs, Anne xx

Loll said...

REally beautiful card for your hubby Julia. Congrats on your upcoming anniversary! xx

Annette Allen said...

happy Anniversary.. yay

your card is so pretty.. loving all that green

yyam said...

Such a sweet card! I love the colour!
Congrats on 18 years of bliss!

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great anniversary card Julia-and a big congrats to you and Ken on #18!!

Mary Marsh said...

oops I thought I typed Kent

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the pattern and color usage, and of course your stacked Love! Thanks for joining in at JUGS! Congrats on your anniversary too :)

Chris Dring said...

Julia, this is so very elegant! Love the stacked die on top of the blue/green squares. Happy Anniversary to you both! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Unknown said...

YAY!! Happy Early Anniversary to you and Kent!! You know, that for those of us who 'know' The Captain & Tennille, we are now singing this song!! :):) You planned that, didn't you :) :) (I loved the Capt & Tennille!)
Just a Fabulous card!! XOXO-Shari

Grá O'Neill said...

Fabulous card, just love it! Hope you've a great anniversary :)

Ros Crawford said...

What a beautiful card!! Thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls!

Anonymous said...

Hi Julia!! I love how this card look!! Really great job at stacking those die cuts! What a great effect on the squares of dp! (And I can CASE this card, 'cuz I have all this stuff!)
Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Hannelie said...

Julia this is beautiful!!!
Thanks for joining us at Case this sketch!