Monday, March 9, 2015

A Bow on a Baby Jar

This past weekend I attended a baby shower for my friend's son and daughter-in-law who are expecting a baby boy in April.  Instead of giving a card - we were asked to bring a book that we wrote our name in so they could read it to their son and always know who gave it to him.  It was really hard for me, a card maker, not to give them a hand made card!!   SO - I made a sweet little baby food jar to put a Target Gift card in.
I used Eileen Hull's Baby Jar die from Sizzix cutting it out of Little Sizzles Matboard.  I embossed the handle of the spoon and the jar lid with Frantage Aged Silver Embossing powder and Frantage Shabby Blue on the bowl of the spoon.  I die cut two extra pieces from the matboard of just the jar tops, embossing them in the silver and layering them over the jar base.
.
I wrapped pieces of cream and light blue wrinkled seam tape around the front of the jar tying them in a loose bow.   I stamped a sentiment from the new Tim Holtz Handwritten Sentiment Set, cutting it out around the letters and sponging the edges with Ranger Distress Tea Dye Ink. 
And how cute is this onesie shaped gift card from Target??!!! I slipped that inside the jar.
I didn't take a photo of how I presented this gift -  but I placed it inside a clear flat bottom bag and attached this tag to it.  I made the tag a while ago for a Papertrey Ink and Tag It challenge - you can see that post here - I love these Sweet Cheeks stamp and coordinating die sets - SO great for baby projects!  The die is Tag Sale #8.
I'm linking my baby jar to Crazy 4 Challenges - Put a Bow on It.

Baby Jar
Stamps:  Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous - Handwritten Sentiments
Paper:  Rustic Cream - PTI, DP - My Minds Eye/Cowboy, Itsy Bitsy Baby Boy/K & Co, Little Sizzles 6"x13" Cream Matboard.
Ink:  Archival Jet Black, Ranger Distress Tea Dye, Versamark
Accessories:  Eileen Hull Food Jar 3D and Spoon - Sizzix, Aged Silver and Shabby Blue Frantage Embossing Powders - Stampendous, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, ScorTape.

Loads of Love Tag:

Stamps:  Sweet Cheeks - PTI

Paper:  White, DP Bitty Star Basics - PTI

Ink:  Hawaiian Shores - PTI, Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Tag Sale #8 Die and Sweet Cheeks dies - PTI, foam dots, Glossy Accents, Caribbean Blend Sequins - Avery Elle, Ocean Twine - The Twinery.

17 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute project Julia! Love the silver spoon and fancy jar!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Such a clever and fabulous gift! Amazing work, Julia.

Pamellia said...

Love your jar Julia! Great idea with the Frantage spoon and lid, fabulous make! Great tag too! hugs :)

Deepti said...

These are super cute !!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So adorable! Super fun gift~

*Vicki* said...

What a really fun gift idea!! Such awesome details!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wowie - beautiful presentation, Julia! I love that they are collecting books!! Must be very loving parents!

Redanne said...

This is an absolutely adorable creation Julia, I LOVE the jar with the spoon (one to buy I think...) and your decoration is wonderful. Beautiful work! Hugs, Anne xx

Loll said...

So creative. That baby food jar gift card holder is so sweet! Especially love the little spoon tied to it. Your tag is also adorable!! I'm sure they were thrilled. xx

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So super cute and I love the tag.

laurie said...

LOVE this! What a fun idea, and just adorable!

Marybeth said...

This is darling, Julia! I love the unique look of the jar lid and spoon! Adorable tag too!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is so super cute Julia! Makes such a fabulous gift, you always do wuch creative things!

Betty Wright said...

These are fantastic! Great projects and fabulous details. Love the dimension on the baby spoon!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, how adorable, Julia! The silver spoon is brilliant, and I love that the words just fit perfectly across the front!
Alison xx

Stampendous said...

Darling baby jar GC holder. Such a sweet idea to "feed" their child with stories. Thank you for sharing!

Brenda Brown said...

So adorable Julia, what a wonderful way to give someone a gift card. I love it.
hugs Brenda xxx