Thursday, January 29, 2015

Fusion Challenge - Jan 29th - Heart Full

It's time for the next Fusion Challenge and appropriately enough to help us with the Valentine's we need to give in a couple of weeks - we've got hearts again to inspire us!
I actually did the FUSION this week (whoo hoo!) being inspired by both the hearts photo and the sketch!
I made my silver heart out of a Foil Tape Sheet from Ranger - die cutting it with a heart Nestability and embossing it with a Hounds Tooth embossing folder.  Then I adhered the silver heart to a white card stock heart for stability.  I colored the silver with Adirondack Alcohol Inks - Mushroom, Caramel and Pitch Black.  Then I layered it over the die cut red heart using foam tape.  I made my own barnboard background by scoring lines on a piece of white card stock and then rubbing Vintage Photo and Pumice Stone Distress Inks over the panel.
The sentiment is from Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 Lovely Art set.  Instead of banners - I adhered a row of die cut hearts along the bottom of my sentiment strip using a die from the Love Notes set from Reverse Confetti.  The little plastic heart with the arrow through it was on a pin I had in my stash -  I cut off the pin and just glued the heart to the panel.
How will this lovely new Fusion Challenge inspire you?   You will find all the challenge information, the link up and lots of inspiration from the rest of the Design Team over at the Fusion Challenge Blog

Stamps:  Lovely Art - Wendy Vecchi Studio 490/Stampers Anonymous
Paper:  white, Dark Chocolate, Pure Poppy - PTI, Foil Tape Sheet - Ranger
Ink:  Ranger Distress Vintage Photo and Pumice Stone, Archival Jet Black, Adirondack Alcohol Inks - Mushroom, Caramel, Pitch Black.
Accessories:  Hounds Tooth Embossing Folder - Provo Craft, ScorPal, Heart Nestabilities, Love Notes Die - Reverse Confetti, plastic heart (pin removed) - Micheals, foam dots, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive.

15 comments:

~amy~ said...

Julia, this couldn't be more perfect!

Pamellia said...

Just brilliant Julia! I love your take on the challenge photo and sketch, what a creative way to incorporate the metallic bits from the image. Love it! hugs :)

Jeanne J. said...

That heart looks amazing Julia! You put lots of love and time into this one - hand scored background and yummy inked up foil heart! Great take on the challenge!

Deepti said...

Wow! the heart is incredible !

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous Julia! Love the textured metallic heart! Thanks for the inspiration! Stay warm and safe :)

Annette Allen said...

wow that heart looks amazing.. gorgeous card..

Vicki Dutcher said...

The inspiration photo reminded me of you with the colors and lookie here didn't you make them sing! :)

*Vicki* said...

What a gorgeous design!! Love that sentiment!! Happy weekend!

Inkyfingers said...

Oh wow Julia - I absolutely love how you created your beautiful heart and you have inspired be to try using metal sheet for the first time. Love the great design too.
Hugs
Carol

Jenny Marples said...

Loving that heart! Jenny x

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, this is so beautiful.

wienerhoneymooners said...

WOW, you added metal, so cool!!!!

stampingbowd said...

Gorgeous!!! I love the beautiful texture and metallic heart paired with the woodgrain bg! Beautiful card!

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh this is fantastic, Julia! I love the textured metal heart! Everything about this card is perfect! XX

Katie Ann Brooks said...

THe texture on that heart is Oh-la-la awesome!