Thursday, November 6, 2014

Fusion Card Challenge - November 6th

Well, here we are in November, can you believe it??!!  AND it's Thursday - which means it's time for a new FUSION challenge.  We can be inspired by the lovely ombre colors, the cake, the rose or this fun sketch -  or you can do a FUSION and be inspired by both!
I was inspired by the rose and the ombre color for my card today.
To get the ombre effect on my CAS card - I used one of my square clear acrylic blocks - brushing Ranger Distress Markers (Salty Ocean, Broken China and Tumbled Glass) over the block in three sections- the darkest at the top and the lightest at the bottom.  Then I spritzed the block about 5 times (every time you do this it will come out different!) and pressed the acrylic block (color and water side down) onto a panel of watercolor paper.  I lifted the block off and picked up the panel to let any drops drip down.  If there were big puddles I dabbed them with a paper towel - then dried the panel with my heat tool. I stamped the rose from Roses in Bloom by Waltzingmouse and the birthday sentiment from Cake and Candles by Avery Elle on the panel using Archival Jet Black Ink.  I added 3 sequins from Avery Elle and layered the panel to a slightly larger black panel and then to the white card base.

How will you be inspired with this week's Fusion Challenge?   We hope you will join us and link your card over at the Fusion Blog - where you will all the details of the challenge as well as plenty of wonderful inspiration from the rest of the very talented Design Team!

I'm also entering my card in the following challenge:
Cas on Sunday - One Layer Wonder

Stamps:  Roses in Bloom - Waltzingmouse, Cake and Candles - Avery Elle
Paper:  Watercolor paper - Ranger, True Black and white - PTI
Ink:  Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  sequins - Avery Elle, Glue N Seal - Ranger, Ranger Distress Markers - Salty Ocean, Broken China and Tumbled Glass, Mini Mister - Ranger, water.

15 comments:

Kelly Griglione said...

So clever, Julia, to do ombre this way! Really love how it turned out : )

Deepti said...

I love the partial water coloring !! Such a pretty card :)

*Vicki* said...

Really stunning take on the challenge!! Love the watercolor look! :)

Jeanne J. said...

Gorgeous watercolor Julia!

Lynn said...

Absolutely gorgeous Julia. I love the watercolor background.

Nikki Acton said...

Fabulous classy card Julia. Nikki x

Redanne said...

I agree with Nikki, your card is very classy. I love that technique but have never tried it... but I will do now that I see how stunning your card is Julia! Hugs, Anne xx

~amy~ said...

the blue wash is perfect!

Mariken said...

Love your card, really beautiful!
Thank you for joining our challenge at CAS on Sunday!!

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty Julia! I love the ombre technique! Hope you have a great weekend!

Mary Marsh said...

this is pretty Julia-I really like how you achieved your ombre effect-have to try this technique

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, Julia! Love that big Rose sketch with the ombre blues behind it!

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love this style of card - I must get back to watercolours! I love the artsy feel!

Grá O'Neill said...

Beautiful birthday card & a great technique to achieve the ombre look :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

love the blue watercolor, super wow!