Thursday, June 5, 2014

Fusion Card Challenge - June 5th

Hi all - can you believe it's time for another Fusion Challenge AND that it's already June??!!! -  we had so many lovely entries for the last challenge with the red/white/dots/music theme and fun sketch!  Thanks so much for playing along!
  Today we're jumping into the summer garden with this lovely inspiration photo - and simple linear sketch!
Here is the card I created for the challenge this week -  I definitely used the photo and 'sort of' used the sketch -  I have a line of dotted washi tape along the left side - but it's mostly covered by my florals! (see the dots to the left of my yellow bloom?!)
I made my flowers using an older Sizzix big die called Charms, Flowers #1.  It has 4 different shaped blooms.  I folded some tissue paper 4 times then die cut it - giving me 16 layers of blooms for each flower.  I punched a hole in the center of each stack and held them together with a brad.  Then I just kept fluffing the layers until they looked full.  My panel is made with a piece of Tissue Wrap - Melange from Tim Holtz that I layered to a piece of white card stock and die cut with a stitched edge mat rectangle from Lil' Inker Designs.  I added a strip of white/black dotted washi tape to the left side.   My sentiment is made with stamps from Saying Stuff from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous (I got it at Michael's for 40% off!).  I used Archival inks - Jet Black and Dandelion. 

What will inspire you this time?  the photo?  the sketch?  or will you 'FUSION' the two?!  Can't wait to see what you link up over at the Fusion Blog - you have almost two weeks to do so!

In the meantime - there's lots of inspiration from the Fusion Design Team linked below!

Sindhu
Stephanie Severin

Stamps:  Saying Stuff - Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz
Paper:  White - PTI, Tissue paper from stash, Tissue Wrap/Melange - Ranger/Tim Holtz
Ink:  Archival Jet Black and Dandelion
Accessories:  Sizzix die (older) - Charms Flowers #1, foam dots, brads, Stitched Mat Rectangle die - Lil' Inker Designs, Washi Tape - OmiYage.ca

13 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow gorgeous.... love those flowers..

Diane Jaquay said...

This is fabulous, Julia! I love the dimension the flowers give to your card, and the background is awesome!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! I love it!

Redanne said...

How beautiful and cheerful is this! I love the black and white background and those gorgeous pops of colour on your wonderful card Julia. Hugs, Anne x

Renee said...

What gorgeous blooms...they look like you picked them from your garden! :)
Beautiful card, Julia!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gasp--tissue paper flowers! Oh my I am swooning Julia! Gorgeous.

Deepti said...

I so love the beautiful blooms that you created, Such a lovely card :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely tissue flowers on a wonderful eclectic backdrop, makes the colors SHINE!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Colorful and creative design. Wonderful colored blossoms that really pop against the black and white background. I think this is a great combination of both challenges, Julia.

Kim Heggins said...

So cute! Love those bright colored posies.

Jenny Marples said...

So elegant and such a clever interpretation Julia. Jenny x

Sue Lelli said...

GORGEOUS flowers and I LOVE the TH tissue wrap! Super Pretty card, Julia!

Joanne (jojot) said...

your blooms are gorgeous