Thursday, February 28, 2013

WMS DT Blog Waltz - A Few of Our Favorite Things

While we wait patiently for Claire's March Waltzingmouse Stamps Release (March 8th with sneak peeks starting here on March 5th!)  the Design Team decided to have a DT Blog Waltz using our favorite WMS stamps.

I own every single WMS stamp set - having been a fan of Claire's right from the beginning - so it's very difficult for me to say which is my particular favorite.  SO.......... today I decided to use several background sets on my egg projects since I love to make backgrounds and I love to make holiday cards/crafts!
For all of the eggs, accept for the text one - I clear embossed the stampings on white card stock - then sponged the color on while the egg was still in the Nested Egg Die.  I have a few pics of the process.
For the back of each egg card -  I cut another egg, scored a line across about 3/4"down from the top of the egg, added some Scor Tape and adhered it to the colored egg.

Here is the back attached to the front.
This pic shows how I cut off a bit at the bottom so the egg card will stand up!
I got my inspiration from these eggs I saw on Pinterest
 Here are the eggs I made with this technique with the stamps that I used listed with each pic.
Peacock Feather Egg  - Stamps: Victorian Fripperie
Festive Berries Egg - Stamps: Heirloom Patterns and Off Beat Backgrounds
Milled Lavender Egg - Stamps: Nestie Eggs
Ripe Persimmon Egg - Stamps: Nestie Eggs
Seedless Preserves Egg - Stamps: Flourishes - Scallops and Dots
And finally my pretty text eggs that were inspired by these eggs and hearts I found on Pinterest
For these eggs -  I stamped one of the text stamps from Text It directly on Vintage Cream cardstock, die cut the egg and sponged the edges with Antique Linen before taking the egg out of the die.  Then I just added the lace and the ribbon flower.  SO easy and SO pretty - don't you think???
And now - off to see what sets the rest of the Design Team has used today.  Their links are listed below and I hope you will check them all out.

You may notice our Design Team is about a third larger -  most of the Mischief Maker DT (from the sketch challenges) have now joined us - and we are SO excited to have them!!  Please give them a warm welcome when you stop by their blogs!  They are the red names below.

AND I hope you'll stop back on Tuesday, March 5th when the DT sneak peeks of the March 8th release will begin!

Peacock Feather Egg:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Victorian Fripperie
Paper:  white - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Peacock Feather
Accessories: wrinkled seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop, Scor Tape, Nested Eggs Nestabilities
Festive Berries Egg:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Heirloom Patterns, Off Beat Backgrounds
Paper:  white PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Festive Berries
Accessories: Scor Tape, Nested Eggs Nestabilities
Milled Lavender Egg:
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Nestie Eggs
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distressed Milled Lavender 
Accessories: Scor Tape, Nested Eggs Nestabilities, silver pearls - Michaels
Ripe Persimmon Egg
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Nestie Eggs
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Ripe Persimmon
Accessories: Scor Tape, Nested Eggs Nestabilities, wrinkled seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop
Seedless Preserves Egg
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Flouishes - Scallops and Dots
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Seedless Preserves
Accessories:  Scor Tape, Nested Eggs Nestabilities, rhinestones - Kaiser Craft
Text Eggs
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Text It
Paper:  Vintage Cream - PTI
Ink:  Versamark Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Antique Linen
Accessories: Scor Tape, Nested Eggs Nestabilities, lace - Ellen Hutson, ribbon flower - Michaels
  

18 comments:

The Hardy Stamper said...

Oh you have been busy with those eggy cards! Lovely!

Annette Allen said...

wow these are STUNNING... i love this idea and they are so pretty...

Cassie_lu said...

these eggs are amazing! love how you created them.

Jeanne J. said...

Oh how smart Julia! I love all the different colored and patterned eggs - really creative!

Anonymous said...

A perfect way to squeeze in all of the favorites. Looks like these would be a lot of fun to make. Such fabulous little eggs!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Boy, these are amazing. Easter around your house must be EGGS-traspecial...LOL

Awesome creativity!

Sherry Butcher said...

Love all the eggs! I've been thinking about Easter cards and this has inspired me to get started. TFS!

Deborah Frings said...

Oh wow!!! These are just fabulous! I really like the way you've used so many sets to create the patterns in the eggs, wonderfully blending of colours too! Love them all!

LaurieJ said...

Oh my goodness, these are brilliant Julia! Such a fabulous idea and so beautifully done.

Bumblebee said...

Great cards Julia! You've inspired me to use some of my other nesties with this technique!

Vickie Z said...

LOVE your egg cards!! Now, there's another set I want, no, need!!

Karen Wedding said...

Love all the eggs! I especially love the text eggs. They're so pretty.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Fabbo job with the eggs, they look a treat!

Renee said...

Oh Julia these are all so incredibly fabulous...
I love them all for their bright colors and designs...
and those eggs are to die for...
they're perfect!
SO excited to be a part of this amazing group of talent!! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Greetings from Sydney Julia! Love your beautiful collection of Easter eggs! Love all the fun colors! Thanks for the tutorial!

Jean Martin said...

These are AMAZING Julia!!!! I'm super honored to be a part of this wonderful team with you!!!

Dianne said...

Oh my GOODNESS these a really brilliantly done, love them all, have to admit I'm crazy about the word ones gorgeous.
Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring us..

Helen L said...

Love your eggs!! Easter is going to be a happy celebration at your house!! :-)