Friday, February 15, 2013

Red Hearts for Christmas

Hello blogging friends!  I finally have a card to post on the old blog!  I've been having fun making things to post - but they'll be coming here on Sunday and next Thursday!

This card is for two challenges -  CASology Cue Card -  Red  and the WMS  February Christmas card challenge in the Playroom of the Waltzingmouse forum  is to use hearts.  This design was so CAS that I quickly made 5 of them for my box of Christmas Cards!

The stamps are from Nordic Winter by Waltzingmouse.
I know it's kind of weird making Christmas cards EVERY month - but it is really helpful when December rolls around and you don't have to make them then!  Check out the Playroom in the WMS forum and join along!  You can read about it on the WMS blog

I'll be back on Sunday with my card for the WMS Feb Blog Party - the theme this month is doilies.  Are you playing along this month?   check out all the details here.

AND -  I'll have a really fun post on Thursday using a brand new template from Creations by AR - something really cute for spring!

I may even have some fun posts in between!   Be sure to check back!!
We had 2 feet of snow last weekend (this is a picture through my front door - which I couldn't open because the snow was blocking it!-  and we're supposed to get 3" tonight and maybe again on Sunday!  Winter has finally arrived in New England!

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Nordic Winter
Paper:  white, pure poppy - PTI
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Festive Berries

11 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Julia what a wonderful set of cards! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Charmaine Stack said...

Great CAS cards, Julia! Your snow photo means you should stay bundled up indoors making more cards!

Kristie Goulet said...

A wonderful set of CAS cards! Never thought of adding hearts to Christmas cards but why not?! I am getting a head start on my Christmas cards too, have enough other stuff to do right before Christmas, having one less thing is perfect.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Not weird at all to make Christmas card throughout the year. Wish I would do it so I would beat the Christmas rush. These are delightful cards, Julia. I love the idea of using hearts for Christmas.

Mary Marsh said...

love the hearts for a Christmas card Julia-my goal is to start making some as well just havent done it yet-hope you dug out from all the snow last weekend

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty set of cards Julia! Love the Nordic hearts! WOW! That is a lot of snow! Sending warm wishes from Phoenix :)

Jen W. said...

Love those sweet hearts -perfect for Christmas cards! And wow is that a lot of snow! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Ardyth said...

Lovely - the nordic feel makes me think of a cozy sweater and your simple design is perfect for mass production! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Deborah Frings said...

I think this set of cards is just lovely!

Love the photo of your garden - so pretty - but I do wish Spring would arrive soon!

Maureen Merritt said...

What a brilliant idea. This is a fabulous card to reproduce and easy to mail. I must file this idea away for later. I too am trying to do Christmas cards throughout the year. Only 3 so far, but it's a start. Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

Melissa said...

Love it when a CAS design is easily made in large numbers! :) This is a perfect CAS holiday card too!
Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!