Wednesday, February 6, 2013

License to Love

Today I have a card I created for the latest Cas-ual Friday's challenge - Love Letters - to use letters creatively.  This immediately made me think of the fun MFT Vanity License Plate set of letters and license plate die I have.
So, easy peasy, I die cut the license, then placed the letters and heart on my clear block for spacing - removed the heart to stamp the letters in black - then stamped the heart in red!  I popped the plate on the card with foam tape.  I put one rhinestone heart on the stamped heart for a little sparkle.

I decided this would be the Valentine that I send my son - the motorcycle enthusiast - so here is what I stamped on the inside of the card - don't want to get too lovey dovey with the card for the grown son!  The stamps are from a great biker set called Live to Ride. by A Jillian Vance Design

Thanks for stopping by today!

Stamps:  MFT - Vanity License Plate stamps and die, Live to Ride - A Jillian Vance Design
Paper:  white, pure poppy - PTI
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Festive Berries
Accessories:  foam tape, heart rhinestone - Michaels

6 comments:

Annette Allen said...

oh this is just fabulous.. i love that motorcycle stamp and the sentiment is perfect... love it..

Peggy said...

I already miss you so thought I would come by your blog and check out your cards, lol. Love your CAS valentine card!

Pauline said...

Two fab CAS designs, I love the bold car bumper card, and the lovely font on your second, both so eye catching!

scrappymo! said...

Wow! Fabulous masculine Valentines card. I love this idea!!!

Lisa A. said...

What a wonderful card for your son, Julia!! Both the inside and outside of the card are so cool, that either could be the inside or the outside...I'm certain he will love it...especially cause it's from his mom:)!! So happy you were a part of the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely AWESOME, Julie! You used the diecut, colors and theme so fabulously! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!