Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Flying By With a Happy Birthday



I'm was excited to see my good stamping friend, Mary Marsh, as the Featured Stamper over on Split Coast this week!

I always loved Mary's ...miss you Phoenix Daisy card that she made after returning from a trip out west to visit her granddaughter - so that's the card  I cased.

I made my card 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" (my favorite size!), and used a piece of a map from a National Geographic showing the state I live in (MA). I found a ton of National Geographics when I had to clean out my parents attic - I recycled the magazines but removed and kept all the wonderful maps - I knew I'd want them someday!  My plane and banner stamps and dies are from PTI and I used Copics to color the plane just a bit. I used a piece of peppermint twine to link the banner to the plane and popped them up on foam tape over the map.

I'm also using this for the Less is More challenge - Up in the Air.

Stamps: Fly Away - PTI
Paper: white, true black, aqua mist - PTI, piece of a map from a National Georgraphic
Ink: Ranger distress Festive Berries, Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: peppermint twine - Divine Twine/the Cat's Pajamas, pland and banner die - Fly Away PTI, Copics - R08, BG10, foam tape

7 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I love your take on Mary's card! Such a cute way to combine maps and airplanes!

Dianne said...

Brilliant card,I too have lots of the maps, I have covered a box with them,never though to use them for a card. Its always hard to make male cards, Thanks so much for sharing...

Jen Nelson said...

really love this card although not much white space!

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen
"Less Is More"

Chrissie said...

We are kinda missing on white space this week... but it's a fab card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mona Pendleton said...

So fun Julia! Love the map and cute airplane!

dpkennedy said...

Adorable! Love the map paper!

Pauline said...

Such a fun card Julia, I love the map paper, and the fun die cut plane.