Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Feeling Better in Red

I made this card for my good friend and stamping buddy, Anne Harmon, who is having surgery on her thumb this week.  She'll be out of stamping commission for a few months while it heals.  She had the other thumb done maybe 6 months or so ago - so she already knows how painful it is in the beginning. (yuck!)

Anne LOVES red -  so I just had to use as much red as possible on my FEEL BETTER card I'll be sending to her.

I used several circle Nestabilities to make this card - the back of the card is cut with a scallop circle die (I cut across the bottom area so it will stand up and not lean forward since the front circle is smaller than the back!)  I used two circle dies for the red and a heart circle die in Brushed Silver for the front.  To attach the front to the back - I scored a line across the top of the front and adhered it to the back piece using Scor Tape.

My cute little nurse cat is Nurse Sprinkle from the Cat's Pajamas (this may be retired - I couldn't find it on the site).  My sentiment is from Say It Loud from Waltzingmouse.  Inside (not shown) I stamped "I hope each day finds you feeling more and more like your wonderful self" - from Healing Touch Sentiments from PTI.  I used two red Tiny Twinkles for Nurse Sprinkles eyes!

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

CASology Cue card - Circle
Less is More - paper piercing
Cas-ual Fridays - Hi Ho Silver (my heart circle is cut from brushed silver cardstock)
CAS on Sunday - making the rounds.

I hope you'll come by again on Thursday - I'll be participating in a Waltzingmouse DT Blog Waltz featuring our favorite stamp sets!  I think you'll be inspired!

Stamps:  Nurse Sprinkle from The Cats Pajamas, feel better soon from Say It Loud - Waltzingmouse.
Paper:  pure poppy, white - PTI, brushed silver- SU
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories:  scallop circle, heart circle and circle Nestabilities, foam tape, piercing tool and pad, tiny twinkles - Taylored Expressions.

12 comments:

Annette Allen said...

hehe that cat is so cool...great card..

Mona Pendleton said...

What a great card for your friend Julia! Surely to bring a smile to their face :)

Tenia Nelson said...

What a very cool card for Anne!! She will LURVE this!! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS on Sunday!!

Chrissie said...

Quite a lot of layers this week Julia, but a super simple design. The piercing looks fab.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Ardyth said...

This shaped card is really fun - she's sure to appreciate your thoughtfulness in your choice of her favourite colour. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Melissa said...

This is just too adorable! Those cats always make me smile! :) Love all the red and your layered circles are fantastic!
Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Julia this is so much fun and lots of lovely circles! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Jen W. said...

That cat stamp is adorable!! Lovng all the circles and red - such a great get well card. :) Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Maureen Merritt said...

What a cute image :) I'm totally a cat lady! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Mariken said...

Cute card! I love the image, very nice! Thank you for joining our Challenge at CAS on Sunday and see you next time!
Mariken xx

Jen Nelson said...

lovely little card

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen
"Less Is More"