Thursday, February 7, 2013

A Trifecta!

Yes folks -  I have 3 items to share today -  all made for various challenges.

First up is a cute polka dot kraft bag that I decorated for gift giving. I made this for the Color Challenge over on Split Coast to use cream, black and crumb cake, and for the Less Is More challenge - to use Kraft and Cream.  I decided to step down from the SCS Color Challenge DT this week and so Karen chose colors I might have chosen and the optional dessert was to go CAS (my usual style!)

The bow is a sneak peek of a template from Creations by AR that is being released on Saturday (please stop by on Sat to see several fun projects I made using the bow and one other template being released!) The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.
My second creation is a card made for the Runway Inspired Challenge.  This was the runway inspiration:
and here is my card.
I paper pieced the ladies dress, colored her skin, hair and the flower in her hair with Copics, cut her out and layered her over a black Wonky Rectangle.  I stamped the sentiment and cut that with a smaller Wonky Rectangle.  Both images are popped up on form tape.  Both stamps are Hero Arts

And my third card was made for the CAS-ology Cue Card:  Fairytale.
My cute little frog prince who is just waiting to be kissed - is from a mini set from Waltzingmouse called Heroines - Fairy Princess.  I framed him with a Postage Stamp Nestability and added orange Tiny Twinkles to his crown (hopefully to attract the ladies!)

I hope you'll stop by again on Saturday -  I'll have a fun post of two new templates being released by Creations by AR!

Friend bag:
Stamps: In Bloom - Papertrey Ink
Paper: vintage cream - PTI, polka dot kraft bag - Impress Rubber Stamps
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: scor tape, It's Bow Easy template - Creations by AR (available Sat 2/9) 
You're Old School
Stamps:  Hero Arts - sentiment from My Type set, Woman is a wooden stamp from Hero Arts - no name on it
Paper:  white, true black - PTI, DP Authentique - Uncommon
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Copics: E00, E35, R20, B24,  Wonky Triangle Nestabilities, foam tape.
Kiss Me
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Heroines - Fairy Princess
Paper:  white, true black, Simply Chartreuse - PTI
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories:  Postage Stamp Nestabilities, glue pen, foam tape, Tiny Twinkles - Taylored Expressions.

20 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow look at all these goodies... great cards and love that fun bag...

Patti J said...

You've been a very busy lady! Your projects are all so much fun, and I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for Saturday! Hugs...

scrappymo! said...

Two fun cards and a great bag. That bag is understated and perfect! Just love it...
The frog card is so crisp and sharp and that middle card is just great!

Jen W. said...

A gorgeous trio of cards, Julia! I love the sentiment on the second card and the frog on the third card is beyond adorable! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Jen Nelson said...

all fabulous!!

Thanks for joining us at our 2nd birthday celebrations this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Chrissie said...

These are all great projects
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Ardyth said...

OMG - the look on his face makes me laugh! I love the rich colours you've used to really make this card pop! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Mona Pendleton said...

Great mix of project Julia! Love the polk a dot bag and the cute frog!

Judy1223 said...

All wonderful! I especially love that fiesty little frog...too cute! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Darnell said...

Dang, girl, you rocked these! Well done, Julia! Am I ever glad I stopped in to see you!!

Rosemary said...

fab set of projects... love that little froggie prince! he is too cute!! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Sue from Oregon said...

These are all so pretty...the bag is my fave...very elegant!

Virginia L. said...

Aw.. Julia, what lovely work!I love your take on the RIC photo! The image and inspired card are perfect! So glad that you join the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

Meghan said...

I love how clean and simple all three projects are! That frog is adorable...bet he turns into a seriously handsome prince when kissed! Thanks for joining in on the fun at CASology this week!

Anonymous said...

Love the bold colours complementing that cute frog ... his expression is just fab! Anita in France :)

Monika Reeck said...

I really have to smile to see your cute KISS ME card..I have seen it on casology chalenge and I love your CAS IDEA...great card...good luck with the challenge..

I am also joining the Casology challenge, my card is number 38, would you mind to see it on my blog? I would be so happy if you also could leave me some love :), many thanks before :), Monika

Nina Yang said...

Love how you used the wonky rectangles for the challenge, Julia! So cool! So glad that you joined us in the Runway Inspired Challenge!

itsallrosi said...

these are great!

really love your take on Runway Inspired. looks like a winner!

Unknown said...

Such a fun take on the inspiration photo! So glad you joined us over at the Runway Inspired Challenge!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I'm loving your card...and that sentiment!! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!