Friday, February 8, 2013

A Saucy Candy Wagon!

Well -  our Claire has a doozy of a color challenge for the WMS Monday Make Challenge
Beautiful colors -  but WAY too many for my liking!  Three is usually my limit!!  But - I gave it the old college try -   and came up with decorating this cute mini polka dot bag
I don't think I actually got ALL of the colors in - but I'm going to pretend I did....  there's a dark pink printed on the bag -  I used a deep purple for the wagon and a light purple for the Sweet Treats stamping -  then added a light purple rhinestone to the center of the wheel -  and black on the Candy Wagon sentiment close enough I say!!  The stamps are all from the WMS set appropriately called Candy Wagon!

I finally got my Silhouette Cameo set up and purchased the additional Silhouette Studio Designer Edition software so I can now cut Claire's SVG cut files!  So I cut my little wagon with it and popped it up on the bag with foam tape.,  The candy wagon cut files are free in the Waltzingmouse shop here!

So -  do you think you can make a project using ALL of these great colors??!!  Check out Claire's post here.

I'm also entering this in the Addicted to Cas Challenge -  Code word: Candy

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Candy Wagon
Paper:  White -PTI
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Seedless Preserves and Victorian Velvet
Accessories:  foam tape, candy wagon cut file - free at Waltzingmouse store, mini polka dotted bag - Impress Stamps,

12 comments:

Marlena M. said...

This is such a sweet bag Julia! Yay for your Silhouette~I just got mine this Christmas and upgraded to the designer edition for the same reason. LOL. It's a fun toy, isn't it?

Kelly S. said...

Oh SWEET! In so many ways...the dots, the image, the little glassine bag! I am thinking my 5 color challenge may end up being like 3 1/2 colors, hee!

Kylie said...

Great lolly bag and a wonderful use of our code word! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS! xx

Patrice said...

Such a lovely little 'candy' bag. I'm a big fan of dots and spots and those colours look great together. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS this fortnight.

stressfreestamping said...

Cute little wagon! I love your bag. Great idea for using the code word! Thanks for playing at ATCAS this week. :)

Jeanne J. said...

Your post had me smiling from ear to ear - I think we've all been there Julia! I love your sweet little treat bag? Who wouldn't? Always nice to get a little unexpected something - and I think you did great! Hope you are doing ok and are all dug out!

Deborah Frings said...

Oh this is gorgeous! The sweet Candy Wagon is super. I've only had my Cameo since Wednesday and I think it's just brilliant!

Jill Norwood said...

Love your treat bag! And how exciting to have a cameo! I want one and have it on my wish list!
Would love to hear more about what you think of it as you use it!
Hugs,
Jill

Super Jen said...

Pretending is one of my favorite stamping techniques. Yummy treat bag.

Vickie Z said...

You did good!! The candy wagon is perfect for a treat bag!! Yep, all those colors made my head spin too!!

Marybeth said...

Love this ! I have been thinking about the cameo, myself . Love your polka dot treat bag .

~Tammy~ said...

Oh this is so fun~