Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Shape of Things

I have a couple of shape cards to share today - I cut both with my trusty little Silhouette Machine.
Here's a spool of thread acting as a get well card!  I painted the 'thread' with wide brush strokes of white acrylic paint and embossed the top and bottom of the spool with Antique Linen distress embossing powder to give the feel of rough wood.

And here's my wish for Summer to hurry up and come to New England card! (and I think it's working!)  I cut a piece of blue card stock to fit behind the castle windows - like the color of the sea - and hung a pennant flying high in the ocean breeze!

That's it for me today - thanks so much for coming by!

Hoping you're on the mend:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Quilters Sampler  
Paper: Kraft, vintage cream - PTI 
Ink: Memento Tuxedo black, Versamark embossing ink  
Accessories: Foam tape, Snow Cap Acrylic Paint - Ranger, Silhouette machine, hot gun, antique linen distress embossing powder - Ranger, spool template from Silhouette shapes 

Summer Vacation Sand Castle
Stamps: Summer & vacation sentiments $1 stamp set from Michaels  
Paper: Hawaiian shores - PTI, Close to Cocoa - SU  
Ink: Archival ink - Coffee  
Accessories: Nested pennants - Spellbinders, Scor Pal, Sand Castle cut with Silhouette Machine

7 comments:

Annette Allen said...

these are AWESOME....

Clare said...

Fabulous! I love shaped cards!! Brilliant!

Lynn Mercurio said...

What fun cards, Julia. Love that you are using your Silhoutte. I would use mine more if I didn't have to drag it out every time I wanted to use it. Your great creations are wonderful motivation for me to break it out!!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Oh Julia, I love the SPOOL! On the mend! How clever. You never fail to inspire me!
Hugs!

Mona Pendleton said...

What fun shaped cards Julia!

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, Julia, these are just so cool! Fun, unique, and perfect for anyone ... FABulous!

Alice said...

these are so fun, Julia! love the details on the spool and hope summer arrives soon at your corner of the world! =)