Thursday, August 4, 2011

Waltzingmouse August SOAP - Day 4 - Rewind to Afternoon Tea!

Welcome to the last day of the Waltzingmouse August Stamp of Approval Parade - today all of the Design Team is parading the Afternoon Tea stamp set. Check the end of my post to see how you can participate in a parade challenge!

Today I created a little teabox to gift to a friend filled with lovely teabags! 


Our own DT member, Sarah Martina Parker, designed this box -  I found her template here.  I thought it was the perfect size for gifting teabags (2 1/2" x 3") and the handle looked just like the old vintage metal canisters.
After constructing the box and cover - I cut panels of patterned papers slightly smaller than the sides and adhered the papers to them - including the cover, the cover edges and the handle.

After stamping the teapot - I cut it out and instead of trying to fussy cut the inside of the handles (which I DID try disasterously once!) - I punched it out with a small oval punch.  The sentiment is cut with a Labels Trio die by Spellbinders. 
 
I stamped and hand cut the little teabag label, put a staple at the top like a real teabag (!) and attached a piece of black/white twine to the back.  I adhered the label with foam tape and looped the twine behind the teapot, as if the teabag was already simmering in the pot!
 
So there you go - I hope I've given you a little inspiration for using this wonderful Afternoon Tea stamp set!  You can see all of my Afternoon Tea projects in my WMS gallery by clicking here.

As our parade ends - we invite you to participate in a CASE (Copy and Share Everything) competition.



Find a card or project from any of those posted during the SoAP by the WMS Design Team. CASE that project using Waltzingmouse Stamp images, post it on your blog or gallery and link it using the Inlinkz on Claire’s blog.



The competiton will close at 8:00 AM Claire’s time (Ireland) on  August 10th (3 AM Eastern, 2 AM Central and Midnight Pacific time).



One project will be randomly selected to be highlighted with a Parade of its own on several of the Design Team blogs. The winner will be announced on Claire’s blog on August 11th.

And now I hope you'll follow the parade one last time to see what the other Design Team members have created using this wonderful tea stamp set!  Thank you SO much for joining us these past 4 days!

Anya Schrier
Claire Brennan
Jennifer Holmes
Julia Aston You are here!
Kate Whelan
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Mona Pendleton
Sandie Dunne
Sarah Martina Parker
Tosha Leyendekker  

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Afternoon Tea
Paper:  Vintage Cream, Rustic White - PTI, DP - Basic Grey Paper Pad - Pyrus
Ink:  Memento Potters Clay and London Fog, Ranger Distress Antique Linen
Accessories:  brass brads - Bazzill, wrinkled seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop, twine - PTI, Trio Labels - Spellbinders, rhinestones - Kaiser, small oval punch - SU, foam tape, stapler, Cropadile.

16 comments:

Basslady said...

a fabulous creation!

thanx for sharing this amazing inspiration!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Mona Pendleton said...

What a beautiful gift ensemble Julia! Love the soft colors and so creative to use an oval die to cut out the handle! Love the little tag! Thanks for the inspiration!

Deborah Frings said...

What a super box - and a lovely gift idea too!

Teri C said...

Totally delightful!

Laurel said...

Love this tea box!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Your projects this week have been amazing, and today's project is the topping to the tart! Outstanding project and I love all the sweet details you have added to make this so very outstanding! WOW!

MariLynn said...

This is so cute. I love the way the handle looks on the lid. AWESOME job!!

Cathy Weber said...

I love this cute little box and I am so excited to realize I can cut out the pot handle with an oval! Such a great tip. I have some special tea I have been saving just for an gift giving project like this.

Renee said...

This does look like an old tea box...
I LOVE it!!
Absolutely gorgeous!
Such an incredible gift idea! :)

Lana said...

Such a cute little box! Love the teapot with tag and "tea" colors :)

Jeanne J. said...

Julia, What a great gift! The love is showing on this one - must be for a really good friend!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Another fabulous ABC project -- I love it when you do these!! (They always are so good)

Really too bad you have to use WM stamps -- I just don't have nay to play with --bummer

velta said...

Another "share" project!!! Yippee Julia!!! I just love this box and the tea images...the colors are so comfy too! Thank you again for you generosity of "sharing!"

Kelly S. said...

Oh that's so pretty! You're right, it looks just like a little cannister with that handle! Love the striped paper with this design!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a lovely tea box!! Super idea to use an oval punch rather than fussy cut the handle...now why didn't I think of that with another project I was tackling recently?!

Peggy said...

You are the Queen of projects for sure! I love your tea canister with the lovely papers! Fabulous!