Thursday, June 30, 2011

WMS Sneak Peek Day 3 - Eat Cake with a Flourish in a Pretty dress!

Have you been loving the WMS Sneak Peeks so far??!!  Well -  today we have cakes, prom dresses and flourishes - what more could a stamper want I ask you???!!!!  The new sets we are highlighting today are Eat Cake, You're Lovely, and Flourishes - Scallops and Dots

For my projects today I made two tags- using plain old oaktag shipping tags from Staples!
For this tag -  I stamped a flourish from Flourishes - Scallops and Dots on the tag using white pigment ink and let it dry.  Then I sponged Old Paper and Milled Lavender dye inks all over the tag which made the flourish show up lightly in the background (do you see it?).  Then I stamped the cake and the lovely icing and larger draping  from Eat Cake and added some bling.  Finally I stamped the sentiment from yesterdays peek, Big Day Additions, sponged it, cut around it and layered it over the tag with foam tape.

My second tag is all about the prom with flourishes, sparkles and a pretty dress!

I used the same process for the flourish and sponging on the tag.  The flower, sentiment and dress are from You're Lovely and the flouishes are from Flourishes - Scallops and Dots.  I stamped the dress on white, sponged it, cut it out and layered it over the tag.

Now let's go see what the rest of the DT has for us today!     Be sure to come by tomorrow for the Design  Team Blog Waltz when all these wonderful new stamps will be available to purchase at Waltzingmouse!

Julia Aston  You're here!
Tosha Leyendekker

Bride + Groom Tag
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Big Day Additions, Eat Cake, Flourishes - Scallops and Dots
Paper:  Shipping Tag - Staples, Plum Pudding, white - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Old Paper, Dusty Concord, Milled Lavender, Brilliance Moonlight white Pigment ink.
Accessories:  foam tape, rhinestones - Michaels, Blending tool + nonstick craft mat - Ranger, wrinkled seam tape.
At the Prom Tag
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - You're Lovely, Flourishes - Scallops and Dots.
Paper:  Shipping Tag - Staples, white, true black - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Black soot, worn lipstick, fired brick, Brilliance Moonlight white pigment ink.
Accessories: Pure Poppy Satin Ribbon - PTI, rhinestones - Kaiser, foam tape, blending tool + nonstick craft mat - Ranger.

17 comments:

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Fab tags Julie thanks for the inspiration again

Ali x

Kary said...

Hi Julia, a set of gorgeous tags!! Love the design... I truly cannot wait for release day ;) Thanks!

Anonymous said...

The tags are great - love the colors and designs!

A Consuming Passion said...

Fabulous tags Julia!!

Carola said...

Julia, your two tags are very beautiful. I like how you created the background and I also very much like the colours used on both tags. On the dress I very much like the flourish.

Kind regards
Carola

Deborah Frings said...

What fantastic tags. I love the prom dress and flourishes - so elegant. The wedding cake is just delicious!

Bonnie said...

Tags are so awesome! Great creations Julia!

Curt in Indy said...

Your tags are beautiful! I love both of them equally and could not choose one over the other if I had to. Your sponging is flawless. Love the look it gave the first tag. Hope you are well! Best, Curt

Cassie_lu said...

love the idea of creating tags with those stamps

Mona Pendleton said...

GORGEOUS tags Julia! Love the beautifully decorated cake and the elegant dress! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Love, love, love the tags! I just thought last night that I needed to make some - thanks for the inspiration!!

Pauline said...

Gorgeous, fab cards, love the purple tag and the gorgeous seam binding! I love these sets, I want them all lol!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Such gorgeous tags Julia!! I love the subtle flourishes in the bg!! And the colors are so rich!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous tags Julia!! fabby colours!!!! So rich and elegant!! Thank you!!

anya said...

Love your tags, Julia! The fancy cake is yummy!

B said...

Fabulous tags!!! Such rich colors!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Killer job on these fun tags! Love the red dress one alot! I perused your blog (been on vacation) - and I just love the framed cards - i really need to try that!!