Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 4 - Waltzingmouse SoAP - Free Spirit - Boy Revisited! And the WMS Sketch

Welcome to the last day of the Waltzingmouse Stamp of Approval Parade - today all of the Design Team is parading the Free Spirit - Boy stamp set.  Check the end of my post to see how you can participate in a parade challenge!

There are lots of summer events coming up that this set is perfect for! I made 3 cards to show you just some of its' uses!  All of the sentiments are from Free Spirit - Sentiments. (a great complementary set for Free Spirit - Boy!)

First off - I made a graduation card.

This could be for a high school or a college grad!  I love the skateboarder and bike stamps.   My design is today's Waltzingmouse Sketch -  and since this is a long post - I'll let you just check out all the details about the sketch challenge here.

Here's what I stamped on the inside:


A lot of people travel during the summer -  so I created this fun Route 66 card.

 I used my newly acquired Spellbinders Elegant Posts die and some cool road map patterned paper.

And my final offering for you is a cool summertime surfer card!  I just can not open this set up without using the fun surfboards so here's a surfing card!
First, I embossed a square Nestability on my card.  Then I stamped the boards directly on the patterned paper and adhered it inside the frame.  I die cut the waves and adhered them over the panel with foam tape. I added one little blue gem to the flower on the surfboard.  An easy peasy design!

So there you go -  I hope I've given you a little inspiration for using this wonderful masculine stamp set!

As our parade ends -   we invite you to participate in a CASE (Copy and Share Everything) competition.

Find a card or project from any of those posted during the SoAP by the WMS Design Team.  CASE that project using Waltzingmouse Stamp images, post it on your blog or gallery and link it using the Inlinkz on Claire’s blog.

The competion will close at 8:00 AM Claire’s time (Ireland) on June 10th (3 AM Eastern, 2 AM Central and Midnight, Pacific time).

One project will be randomly selected to be highlighted with a Parade of its own on several of the Design Team blogs.  The winner will be announced on Claire’s blog on June 11th.

And now I hope you'll follow the parade one last time to see what the other Design Team members have to show us using this great stamp set!  Thank you SO much for joining us these past 4 days!



To the Grad Card:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse -  Free Spirit - Boy, Free Spirit - Sentiments
Paper:  white, true black, Hawaiian Shores - PTI
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Hawaiian Shores - PTI
Accessories:  Rhinestones - Darice (Michaels), trio labels - Spellbinders, foam tape.

Route 66 Card:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Free Spirit - Boy, Free Spirit - Sentiments
Paper:  White, True Black - PTI,  Green Bazzill Irish Eyes, DP Paper Pizazz - Road Map.
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Bamboo Leaves, Ranger Distress Antique Linen
Accessories:  Key tag punch and 1 3/4" circle punch - SU, 1 1/2" punch - EK Success, circle Nestability, Elegant Posts - Spellbinders.

Aloha Card:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse -  Free Spirit - Boy, Free Spirit Sentiments.
Paper:  White, Hawaiian Shore, DP Text Style 2009 Bitty Dot basics - PTI
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories:  foam tape, square Nestability, waves die - MFT, gem - Darice(Michaels)

16 comments:

Crea Astrid said...

Your beautiful cards of the new boys stamp set. Very nice though.

Was very nice to be with you come blog hopping and inspiration. Thanks for it.

Nice weekend.

Hugs Astrid.

Mona Pendleton said...

What an awesome collection of cards Julia! Love how you showcased various stamps and the bold & bright color combo!

Kary said...

Hi Julia, what lovely cards!!! They are awesome, great samples for the stamp sets.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow, Julia - three cards! Each one brilliant with creativity and unique use of color. I'm totally digging the Route 66 card. Brilliant use of these images. Well done!

Niki Estes said...

Great cards, Julia! They really show how versatile the set is.

Anonymous said...

Love them all!

Davi said...

Wonderful C&S card you have created !

Pauline said...

What fabulous cards Julia! I love them all, surfer card is my fave! Really wonderful showcase of these stamps!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Judy Rozema said...

What neat cards! I love the classic streamlined look to them!

velta said...

Beautiful baby James Charles...sounds like a very impressive name too! Your cards are as always, an inspiration to me...For some reason Julia, you are a fave of mine when it comes to inspiration....I have started a card "pack" using your embossing technique...it makes me so happy when I come up with something I really like...and it is thanks to you!

Deirdre said...

Great cards - TFS.

Bev J. said...

Great cards. That is a versatile set to have for masculine cards. Great job.

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, wauw, these are awesome!!! Oeh, I feel so sorry I didn't put that sentiment set in my basket, hi hi! Looks great! Love the aloha card!!!
Hugs, Wendy

Anonymous said...

Love 'em all! Love the Route 66 framed by the laurel wreath. Love how the polka dot paper is the color of sand and I love the die cut waves. The grad card is clean and classy!

Deborah Frings said...

I really like the cards you've made with the Free Spirit set (it's my all time fave) - I particularly like the travel one! Great cards.